Had this saw three months

Review by Howie posted 09-19-2012 01:22 PM 2925 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Had this saw three months No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had this saw for three months now. It replaced a Ridgid 3650 which served me well.
I had been looking at cabinet style saws for a while. I got up one morning and had an email from Woodcrafters that they had this saw for $300.00 off. They only had two(one in the crate,one floor display. I got the one in the crate.(I paid $899.00)
Set up was easy(I did it all myself) Originally I put the stock fence on it and I feel that fence was adequate however thru the generosity of my son, I have replaced it with an Incra 52”
Not much tweeking was required however the extention tables could have fit a little better. Had to smooth the seams out with some 500.
Stock blade was typical stock blade. Nothing to brag about. I don’t care for the blade change mechanism(locking pin) but that is just me.
I mounted the saw on one of Woodcrafters base sets that you add a piece of plywood to the corners. Works okay but not great. I have to turn my saw in my shop for long cuts and with the fixed wheels it is kind of fumbly.
The saw is 220(as was my 3650) seems to have plenty of power. Up/down and tilt work very well and feel solid to the touch.The tilt indicator appears to be accurate however I never use them as I use a wixey box.
Dust collection is 4” out the back of the saw(which was a selling point for me) works good.
Overall I’m pleased and feel I got my moneys worth.

-- Life is good.

View Howie's profile

Howie

View JimDaddyO's profile

JimDaddyO

#1 posted 09-19-2012 01:37 PM

That is the one I want. It can be wired 110 also. Congrats on the great deal and aquisition.

-- I still have all my fingers

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#2 posted 09-19-2012 01:46 PM

Thanks for the review. This is on my list of possible future aquisitions.

View Roger's profile

#3 posted 09-19-2012 01:54 PM

Looks like a heck-of-a saw for the money. Thnx for the review

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View dnick's profile

dnick

#4 posted 09-20-2012 03:22 AM

I think you got a great deal. Enjoy.

-- dnick, North Hollywood, Ca.

View klassenl's profile

klassenl

#5 posted 09-20-2012 03:48 AM

I have had this same saw for almost 2 years now and the fence is the only thing that isn’t stellar for this price point.

-- When questioned about using glue on a garbage bin I responded, "Wood working is about good technique and lots of glue........I have the glue part down."