Better Pegboard hooks

Review by Grumpymike posted 09-16-2012 06:07 PM 3719 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Better Pegboard hooks No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Have you ever pulled a tool off of your pegboard and had the wire hanger go rattling down to the bench or even worse behind the bench to the floor … Grrrr ….
Talon Hooks has a product that I tried and after using them I bought more to fill up my new storage cabinet.
These little sleepers have been hiding for a while; I discovered them on the internet while searching for a better way to hang my tools.
These hooks are designed for 1/4” pegboard, they secure on the board with a nylon screw that you push in with your thumb, and if you are like me and change your mind where you want that tool located, just take out one of your screwdrivers and unscrew the little screw and move the toolholder to a new location … simple and really cool … with no damage to the pegboard.
They are made from a plastic material and won’t dull the sharp tool edges like the metal hooks will. They are incredibly strong for their appearance.
I bought one of the veriaty packs to start, and later reordered two more packs and some individual types to fill out my needs … (I’m just as happy as a pig in mud!)
You can visit thier website at
They are sold by the Hollingsworth Co. of Bella Vista Ca. 96008
And wait, there’s more … I just found out that these are available thru LeeValley tools, Garrett Wade, Rockler, McFeely’s and probibly more. Like I said these are sleepers, I get most of the catalogs and have never noticed them.
Cost? I was really happy with the pricing, as an average they run just under $.50 each when you buy the veriaty pack and the HD wire hooks are a bit more. Talon hooks have some sales going on right now with even more savings.
The best tool hanger for my use.

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View Grumpymike's profile

View nwbusa's profile

#1 posted 09-16-2012 08:05 PM

I’ve used many different styles of pegboard hooks and agree these are the best out there, if the fairly limited variety of shapes and sizes works for your needs.

-- John, BC, Canada

5097 posts in 2094 days

#2 posted 09-16-2012 09:16 PM

Look like they night be worth a try, thanks for sharing

-- Norman

View LeChuck's profile

#3 posted 09-17-2012 12:17 AM

Thanks! I moved into a house where the garage has a large pegboard that was fitted with a lot of the long metal ones, I was always afraid of getting a bit too close and losing an eye…

-- David - Tucson, AZ

View bglenden's profile

#4 posted 09-22-2012 12:11 AM

I have metal pegboards and I find these are very, very, tight.

View Grumpymike's profile

#5 posted 09-22-2012 02:36 PM

when you place the hooks back out the little screw so that the ‘pins’ will collapse all the way.
They do fit snuggly into the holes.
Could it be that your peg board is not 1/4 inch holes?? Maybe metric??
Snug is good; they don’t wiggle and rattle around.

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View JJones98042's profile

#6 posted 12-05-2012 03:58 PM

I have some of these as well and they are absolutely fantastic! The fact that they lock, but can still be removed and reused without damaging the pegboard is perfect.

-- "Keep thy airspeed up, lest the earth come from below and smite thee." - William Kershner