Saw-Stop customer service

Review by Cole Tallerman posted 582 days ago 3527 views 1 time favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Saw-Stop customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

As you may know, i’m building a 12” jointer. I needed a multi-ribbed v-belt so i called saw stop asking if i could buy that part from my table saw, for my jointer. The guy asked me my name and when he saw that i had a sawstop he said he would send it for free! I also asked if they can sharpen their own blades, (I like the one it came with) and he just sent me another one of those for free as well! 23 hours later i am sitting here with a new and free belt and blade. Now that is some great customer service!

View Cole Tallerman's profile

Cole Tallerman

View Grandpa's profile

Grandpa

Won your heart right there! good for them

View doordude's profile

doordude

nice to know of great service.

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

Wow, that really is something a company should be proud of these days. Customer relations are important, and it looks like SawStop has it nailed. I suppose that’s the package deal you get with the premium you pay for their machines.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

Nice to hear, good for you! Always a good feeling when a company is good to it’s customers!

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

That was awesome! Doesn’t happen enough these days.
I’ve had similar luck with Grizzly (so far)

-- Mike

View fito's profile

fito

33 posts in 1921 days

Very good, i have a question, is that cutterhead from a lunch box planer, you know what you give me a great idea, i have a dewalt 735 cutterhead because i put a byrd head and i going to built a 13 inch jointer, it that a difficult task?. Thanks. and i would like to see this project complete. again great job.

-- I Just Love Working With Wood.

View Domer's profile

Domer

I also own a SawStop Industrial; I had a few issues when I first bought the saw. Their customer service was great.

I was missing a couple of small parts and they sent them to me right away and did not ask any questions.

My son wired the 220 plug in cord and was a little unclear about the directions. The customer service rep walked him through it.

I asked all of the tool shops in the city who had the best customer service on table saws and they all said SawStop.

Domer

View JimmyJam's profile

JimmyJam

I agree, SawStop has great customer service. I bought a used contractor model and have had it for a few years. The switch went out on it, and they sent me a new one free of charge even though it was out of warranty.

Oh and BTW, while the switch was out, I was able to make another switch and wired it inline with the motor and it worked fine, just the flesh detection system would not be working as their is no cable going to the brake.

View canoe911's profile

canoe911

I am very happy to hear this review. I am looking at getting a table saw and $2000 is way at the top of my price range. SawStop has one thing that gets me all thinking that it is the true way to go, Safety. My little girl, teenager so not too little, wants to learn more in my shop. So this is just one more thing to push me to the store.
Thanks, Canoe
Oh yeah it makes my wife loosen the purse strings a little too. So thanks for that too. :-)

View jcees's profile

jcees

Don’t you just love American companies? Woohoo!

-- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -- John Muir

109273 posts in 2078 days

Great news ,a quality saw deserves quality customer service .

View Ryan Haasen's profile

Ryan Haasen

That jointer looks like it coming along great Cole!

-- Ryan

View Cole Tallerman's profile

Cole Tallerman

Ryan- thats not mine! although mine is coming along pretty well. I will be taking pictures today and posting them tonight in my blog!000.

Glad to hear they are so helpful

-- Norman