good saw guide with small problems

Review by americancanuck posted 09-10-2012 10:44 AM 1990 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
good saw guide with small problems No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I found this to work very well with one problem. The little red pointer that is used to line up the saw blade with the scale on the beam covers up the numbers making it impossible to see. a good solution would be to make this peice out of clear plastic. Other than that I found this to be acurate and easy to use. It’s a godsend when ripping down full sheets of plywood. Storage with the saw connected is a problem so I have been removing the saw after each use. The problem with this is that the next use requires another time consumeing set up. All in all I FInd this to be a very worthwhile buy.

View americancanuck's profile

americancanuck

View redryder's profile

redryder

#1 posted 09-10-2012 11:26 AM

Agreed on all points….............

-- mike...............

View noweyrey1's profile

noweyrey1

#2 posted 09-10-2012 02:21 PM

Accurate review. One solution I have for storage and set-up is I drilled holes for the set screws at the front of my saws plate and have a small bolt at the back of the jig so the saw lines up the same each time its attached. It also helps to eliminate the pins slipping and the saw shifting while in use. Works better than I thought it would for $35 though.

View QuickWay's profile

QuickWay

#3 posted 09-11-2012 07:56 PM

I bought one of these and love it. I keep a cordless saw permanently attached. It’s sure makes cutting sheet goods a lot easier. Hats off to Kreg.

-- Bill Native Texan

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

#4 posted 09-13-2012 09:39 PM

How well does it work for ripping not very wide solid boards? I’m looking for a way to make accurate rip cuts with my circular saw, as I don’t have a table saw.

View americancanuck's profile

americancanuck

#5 posted 09-13-2012 11:22 PM

purrmaster. it should work all right. set up would be difficult and safety in the cut might be a real consideration. definately not a replacement for even a cheap table saw.