Easy Peasy

Review by DKV posted 09-02-2012 11:13 PM 1611 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Easy Peasy No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok, I have about two weeks under my belt with the Eye Fi card and I don’t understand why I didn’t buy it sooner. Anyway, here is how I use it. The Eye Fi is in my Canon G9 which I use primarly for most my pix. The shots are automatically uploaded to both my desktop HP pc and to my Samsung tablet. I also have my tablet setup to automatically upload all pix to Google+.

There is no limit to the number of photos you can upload to Google+.I use the tablet primarily to upload pix (LJs as an example), the desktop as a storage device and Google+ as offline storage. Whenever I need to cleanup the desktop or tablet I know all my pix are in the cloud with Google. Easy Peasy…Snap a shot and know that the picture is on the camera, on the desktop, on the tablet and in the cloud. All I had to do was snap a shot and everything else happened automatically.

View vipond33's profile

vipond33

#1 posted 09-03-2012 12:13 AM

I have the same card. It is ridiculously difficult to set up and never works properly. Far too light to be an effective paperweight too.
gene

-- gene@toronto.ontario.canada : dovetail free since '53, critiques always welcome.

#2 posted 09-03-2012 12:17 AM

What are the problems gene? Maybe I can help.

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#3 posted 09-03-2012 02:43 AM

Gene, you must have a mac! ;-p

I kid… :D

Seriously, I want the version that lets you bypass the router all together and upload the pics directly to your PC (I think the 8GB pro version?).

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

#4 posted 09-03-2012 03:53 AM

Nitewalker, the Connect X2 that I have allows for direct connect from my camera to PC. No router required.

View woodklutz's profile

woodklutz

#5 posted 09-03-2012 12:32 PM

It failed the first but after reinstall no problem. EZ PZ is right.

-- honing my craft one mistake at a time.

View helluvawreck's profile (online now)

helluvawreck

#6 posted 09-03-2012 02:15 PM

DKV, that sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the tip.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#7 posted 09-03-2012 06:42 PM

Thanks DKV, I’ll jump on the 4GB card then. I rarely even fill up 1GB with the camera I use.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

#8 posted 09-04-2012 02:09 PM

Set up can be a little challenging sometimes, but mine worked fine. I actually got mine so I could, transfer pics from my camera to a smartphone or tablet and then upload or email through the cellular service. I don’t use it much, but it’s nice to be able to sit down at the computer and see the pictures there already same is true with a tablet. A bit of a time saver if you like sharing and viewing images on bigger screen then the one on the camera.

View Holt's profile

Holt

#9 posted 06-14-2013 05:27 PM

My wife nabbed me a cheap Kodak Digital Camera to use in the shop.I grabbed this card to plug into it and surfed until I found Linux software that would talk to it. Found place to keep the camera in my shop that was close enough to my wireless connection for the EyeFi to work and now all my shop pictures get picked up automatically! Love this thing.