Some Knife!

Review by mpounders posted 08-10-2012 03:01 AM 2324 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Some Knife! Some Knife! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I really didn’t need another knife, but I have wondered how I might like a scimitar shape blade and I have admired the knives that Brandant Robinson makes. I was on his website and happened to see he had one of his catapiller style knives available, so I decided to order it while my wife was agreeable! This was on Saturday, a little before noon. I had recieved an email from Brandant confirming my order and saying it had been shipped in less than 2 hours! On a Saturday no less! He had hopes the USPS would deliver by Wednesday, but the package showed up Monday afternoon, and the knife is a beauty. The handle looks spectacular and is quite comfortable. The carving on the handle and the non-glossy finish give a solid grip that is also comfortable. The blade is even better than the handle! It is surgically sharp and the edge is just beautiful to look at…...nice even bevel and highly polished. I carved over an hour and it never seemed a bit dull. I hated to even strop it, fearing I might dull it, but I didn’t appear to damage it. The blade felt quite sturdy also, when removing larger chips. The shape is very handy, in that the wider part of the blade easily handles more aggressive cuts and the narrow point is great for all kinds of details. The convex blade does a nice job on flats and hollows both. I am very impressed… I spent the first hour or so, admiring how the blade looked as it cut through the wood. It has taken a little bit to get used to the new shapes and get comfortable with how it feels and how it cuts, but it is really a great knife! It has made the team of tools that get in the bag, the ones I don’t want to leave at home. Brandant makes great knives and if you don’t see exactly what you want, he will make a custom one for you! I have used it the past week and I may have to look at his site again, just in case I reaaalllly need one more knife. You won’t be disapointed if you buy one of these for yourself or as a gift for someone else…great knives and great service!

-- Mike P., Arkansas, http://mikepounders.weebly.com

View mpounders's profile

mpounders

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

7099 posts in 1993 days

#1 posted 08-10-2012 03:21 AM

good purchase mike, i bet it was quite exciting to use such a nice sharp knife and a decorative one at that, its always nice when our wives support our hobbies, and sure we sometimes buy things they don’t understand why, but they love us enough to trust our need…so carve away there buddy…im sure will will see some inspiring work from this new knife…grizz

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View Roger's profile

#2 posted 08-10-2012 11:27 AM

Nice review Mike. Looks like a gr8 knife/s, and not too badly priced.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Fishinbo's profile

Fishinbo

#3 posted 08-13-2012 08:14 PM

That indeed, is some kind of a knife!