Excellent customer support for a lost package

Review by bobasaurus posted 08-07-2012 10:11 PM 1360 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Excellent customer support for a lost package No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I ordered a few lathe tools from Woodcraft during their last sale, and was excited when I checked the tracking number at work and the box had been delivered. But then I got home and the package was nowhere to be seen. It either got lost or stolen, and it was pretty frustrating… never happened to me before at my house, and I’ve ordered tons of packages. I didn’t hold out much hope to get my items or money back, but I tried emailing Woodcraft’s customer service anyways. The next business day they shipped me an entire replacement order for free, with upgraded shipping. The lost package wasn’t even their fault, so I’m quite impressed. It’s rare for a company to actually earn any measure of customer loyalty from me, but they did it. Now I hope this replacement package doesn’t disappear as well.

-- Allen, Colorado

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

859 posts in 1982 days

#1 posted 08-07-2012 11:25 PM

Earlier this year I was expecting a shoe box size package by USPS and it didn’t show up on the day I expected. That evening a person who live somewhere else in my town knocked on my door and handed it to me. They left before I could find any information on where they lived.

Steve.

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#2 posted 08-08-2012 10:39 AM

Woodcraft is the BEST in the business. I have used them for 30 yrs. You have a problem..they fix it with a smile. And right away. Keep gioving them your business. they deserve it.

-- We call the destruction of replaceable human made items vandalism, while the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources is called development.

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

#3 posted 08-08-2012 01:07 PM

WoodCraft’s customer service is impressive … I’ve had terrific experience with both their online service, and at the local store (in Appleton, Wisconsin).

—Gerry

View Camero68's profile

Camero68

#4 posted 08-08-2012 03:25 PM

An excellent customer service plus quality products equals consumer’s full satisfaction.

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

#5 posted 08-09-2012 07:03 AM

That is good to know there are still a few good companies left.

SteveMI I’ve done that. Probably would have called Fed Ex or UPS, which ever it was, but it was a Friday night and close to Christmas. I thought the guy might need it for a project; it was obviously wood. The address was just a couple of miles from me. So, why not? ;-)

View johnLT's profile

johnLT

#6 posted 08-09-2012 02:44 PM

Thanks for passing on your experience. We need to support companies like this or else we are left with companies like Worse Buy, etc.
With lots of packages delievered every month, USPS is the only shipper I have had problems with. Empty packages delivered! Their response? They will take a report but no responsibility. My support goes to UPS, Fedex, and Ontrack.