A good product for a craftsman .113

Review by Tedstor posted 08-05-2012 12:35 AM 2806 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A good product for a craftsman .113 A good product for a craftsman .113 No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A won’t go too in-deepth here. Its a pretty simple product and it works well. The insert has 4 leveling screws to adjust flush with the table top. It also has adjustable screws in the top/side to prevent any lateral movement (see pic). The insert actually fit pretty well out of the box. After about 2 minutes worth of adjustments, it was dead-on. Seems to be good quality and I have no reason to think it won’t last for years. I’ll probably buy two more for dado and thicker, crosscut blade kerfs.

View Tedstor's profile

View johnLT's profile

#1 posted 08-05-2012 04:42 AM

Thanks for bringing this product up. I was making my own ZCI and was never really happy. Tried these and will never look back. Easy to adjust is what sells me. You have reminded me to order another…

View Dedvw's profile

126 posts in 1967 days

#2 posted 08-05-2012 11:14 PM

Hmmm, I’m going to order one of these.

Lots of people say “you’re a woodworker, make your own zero inserts”, but I find making them extremely boring. I would rather buy one, slide it in, and get to work.

Thanks for the heads up/ review of this product.

View Triumph1's profile

#3 posted 08-06-2012 11:59 AM

Great review. I have used these on two different saws and they are amazing. I used to make my own but no more. I had made nice ones out of wood but the seasonal changes with the wood made them either to tight or too loose….these fit perfect all the time!

-- Jeff , Illinois Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View hhhopks's profile

#4 posted 08-06-2012 04:35 PM

So, who sells it and how much?

I know the Craftsman 113 insert plates are a real pain to make. It really doesn’t help when the 10” blade woulnd go farther down. The leveling screws are a must.

-- I'll be a woodworker when I grow up. HHHOPKS

View Hoosier25's profile

#5 posted 08-06-2012 07:45 PM

+1 Works Great!

-- Roger

View WoodworkGuy's profile

#6 posted 08-08-2012 02:10 AM

I purchased one of these at Woodcraft to use as a template for other ZCIs, and will ultimately use it for my main thin kerf blade. Nice to know I purchased a great off-the-shelf ZCI.

-- Making sawdust and memories through woodworking.