How to Make Wooden Farm Toys

Review by Raymond posted 08-03-2012 02:27 AM 2316 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
How to Make Wooden Farm Toys No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Kuritis Foote asked for volunteers to review his book “How to Make Wooden Farm Toys”. The book has plans for four distinct wooden Farm Toys. Project 1 is a Combine with a corn head and a rolling reel head, project 2 is a Skid Steer Loader, project 3 is a Tractor and project 4 is a disk attachment. I received my copy yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to read it. The book is very nicely bound and printed on very good quality paper. Kurtis has done a great job with his approach to the book. It is written with both the experienced woodworker and novice in mind. The book addresses safety, supplies, and tools used in the construction of these toys. I like the attention to not only the safety of the builder, but the safety of the end used “Children” this is very important when we build things for children, and Kurtis does a great job addressing this in his book.

The plans are very well laid out and all measurements and holes are indicated and clearly marked on the drawings. Kurtis has used materials that are standard off the shelf thickness; no fancy thickness planers are needed. In fact these toys can be made with very basic tools. Plans can be easily photocopied, cut out and transpered to the stock.

Kurtis has a winner here. Anyone with any skill level will enjoy building these toys, and they are something that will be handed down for generations.

Great book, I think this should be in everyone’s woodworking book collection.

I havn’t built the toys yet, they are my next project as soon as I fnish my current project. I will review the actual construction of the toys.

Good job Kurtis.

-- Ray

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

View Kurtis Foote's profile

Kurtis Foote

#1 posted 08-03-2012 03:55 AM

Thanks Raymond for the great review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the book. I spent a lot of time making the patterns and trying to get everything to a level I believed would be of value to other woodworkers. Just a reminder the book is available on Amazon at this link.

If any readers have questions, comments or suggestions they should not hesitate to contact me.

-- Kurtis, North Dakota, http://justbuildstuff.com

View grace123's profile

grace123

#2 posted 09-27-2012 04:12 AM

I loved your book of plans. I wrote a review regarding your book.