Great Buy

Review by rustfever posted 07-31-2012 10:02 PM 1631 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Buy No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was in Harbor Freight today and found a sale on Nitrile [blue] gloves. Box of 100 medium duty [5 mil] gloves for $6.99

I stocked up on these as the regular price at the normal wood working places is $17.99 per box. That is over 250% the price from Harbor Freight

I do not know for how long the sale will last.

-- Rustfever, Central California

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

639 posts in 2058 days

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5264 posts in 2056 days

#1 posted 08-01-2012 01:32 AM

Those are really nice gloves…one of HF’s better products. I bought 5 boxes of them a couple of years ago and use them frequently.

-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpieceā€¦ because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work

View Howie's profile

Howie

#2 posted 08-01-2012 01:41 AM

I always buy them when they go on sale. Along with paste brushes and foam brushes. I don’t care what anyone on here says,you cannot beat HF when it comes to items like these.

-- Life is good.

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

#3 posted 08-01-2012 01:46 AM

I buy those and clean them up and reuse them. They are very durable.

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

#4 posted 08-01-2012 02:12 AM

I use them as well…can’t beat the sale price : )

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#5 posted 08-01-2012 07:46 PM

I was in HF today, they had a ton of them. (8/1/2012)

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

#6 posted 08-01-2012 10:56 PM

I dont know how you guys can keep on justifying buying HF trash. you should really buy the brand name purple nitrile gloves.

just kidding ;-)

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#7 posted 08-02-2012 11:41 AM

I use their gloves all the time for finishing, cleaning the cat litter box, all sorts of stuff. They go on sale frequently and are a great buy! Thanks for the review!

View Toolz's profile

Toolz

#8 posted 08-02-2012 03:03 PM

Got an e-mail this morning with coupons these gloves are on sale now for $3.99 per box of 100 @ Harbor Freight

-- Larry "Work like a Captain but Play like a Pirate!"

View Mike Gager's profile

Mike Gager

617 posts in 2015 days

#9 posted 08-03-2012 02:50 PM

my only gripe is that my hands get sweaty inside the gloves and then the sweat drips out. to be fair this may be a problem with ALL nitrile/latex style gloves but that said otherwise these great

View dpop24's profile

dpop24

#10 posted 08-03-2012 04:37 PM

I use GOBS of these. Every time I use a finish, working on cars or motorcycles, picking up dog poo. Just an outstanding value. I will suggest that the blue ones are much better than the black ones though. The black ones for some reason stick to themselves and you have to blow them up first to be able to get your hands in. The blue ones are much easier to put on in that regard, you just have to weigh ease of use to looking tougher. I mean, how tough can you look with baby blue gloves on your hands?

-- If it ain't broke, take it apart and find out why

View Viking's profile

Viking

857 posts in 1943 days

#11 posted 08-05-2012 12:19 AM

Rust fever;

This is a great deal. They had the blue nitrile gloves for $5.99 about a year ago so bought four boxes of XL for me and 2 of the medium of the LOML who also like to come to the shop occasionally. We use them once and pitch them.

For what ever it’s worth, all gloves make your hands sweat, even the high $ ones.

-- Rick Gustafson - Lost Creek Ranch - Colorado County, Texas

View WindwoodTrader's profile

WindwoodTrader

14 posts in 1926 days

#12 posted 08-05-2012 02:43 PM

I had purchased a box several years ago and found that the gloves deteriorated over time and would fall apart if you pulled too hard getting them on.
I would suggest that smaller quantities might be advisable unless, of course you are using them daily.

-- John

View Bill729's profile

Bill729

#13 posted 08-14-2012 09:11 PM

I’ve been using them alot for light 1 time use and am near the end of my first box. I’m definitely getting more!

View DannyJ's profile

DannyJ

#14 posted 08-14-2012 09:33 PM

I’ve had some bad luck at HF, but in general, I’m very happy with the value:

things that have gone well:
cement mixer, wood chipper, wet tile saw, C clamps of all sizes, pipe clamps, aluminum bar clamps, nitrile gloves, stationary belt sander, oscillating drum sander, pneumatic cut off saw, pneumatic grinder

things that have not gone well:
pneumatic hose

All in all, if you are careful, HF provides great value for the hobbyist/do it yourselfer

-- Danny, Houston, TX