CMT 10, 50 Tooth PTFE coating

Review by Tennessee posted 722 days ago 2849 views 1 time favorited 20 comments Add to Favorites Watch
CMT 10, 50 Tooth PTFE coating No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this to try and breathe a little life in my old Ryobi BT3000 table saw. It worked flawlessly, and the PTFE is by far and away the best coating I have found to date on a blade. The “Luxembourg Cerametal” carbide tips are some of the best I’ve ever cut with, both cross and rip. Fancy name for really sharp fine grained carbide…

When I upgraded to my Rigid R4512, I put this blade on right away, and for the first time felt what it was like to have zero resistance in crosscutting, only a slight change in noise from the spinning blade. It’s also within a couple thousandths of an inch of being the same thickness as the riving knife on my Rigid, so transition is seamless. My first rip with hard maple and 80 year old dark walnut was so easy I pushed the rip off the back of the table with the stick, although I tried to stop.
This blade is currently listed online at Lowes for $30.38, a stupid good price.

I would buy this blade again and again, and the 50 tooth is just about right to not have to change blades very often.

View lumberjoe's profile

lumberjoe

Please don’t make me buy ANOTHER combination blade! Thanks for the reiew

-- www.etsy.com/shop/KandJWoodCrafts

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

sounds good.

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View OnlyJustME's profile

OnlyJustME

This blade will no longer be available at lowes since they have discontinued carrying the CMT line for Irwin Marples blades. Get it while you can for that price.

-- In the end, when your life flashes before your eyes, will you like what you see?

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

I’m pretty sure Fleet Farm carries these too, so when Lowe’s drops them, check there if you can.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

1195 posts in 2071 days

I bought the same blade awhile back… for less than $30. I have the same results as you reported. Very satisfied. I got it because it contains the flat top tooth in the alternating bit sets and I hope it leaves a flatter bottom in dado cuts. I will still use a dedicated Freud rip blade if I am doing a lot of rips… otherwise this blade stays on my Rigid bench top saw.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

10-4 on the good blade. I put one on my TS3660. Man what a difference. My Lowes out of them now. I bought a 10, 12 and 7 1/4” blades for all my saws. And the 8” dado set! Hate to see Lowes move away from them. I paid a little more than you for mine but I am still happy.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5367 posts in 1972 days

I’m curious what model this is. CMT has multiple models of a 50T blade with a coating….is this the P10050 from their ITK Plus series? The next step up is their industrial series model 216.050.10 thin kerf, and their 215.050.10 full kerf.

Tennessee

I believe it is the only one they made with a PTFE coating on a 50 tooth. You can see the letters PTFE on the upper left side as it is displayed on the website. Also, the $30.38 price stated on their website is way less than many other CMT blades.
I wish I knew Lowes discontinued carrying it, I’d have bought a couple. we don’t have Fleet Farm here, just Tractor Supply.

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

1002 posts in 2082 days

Nice surprise at Lowes yesterday. I bought the last two of these off the sales table. Marked down from right at $38 to $22 and change, or 40% off, I did the calculation on my phone in the parking lot. I’ll take two!

111999 posts in 2173 days

Thanks for the review lots of good info.

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

I’m going to try to get out to Lowe’s and see if they have any of these in stock. Even though I don’t have a decent table saw I’m willing to put this on yet, I wouldn’t mind letting it sit on the shelf for a while at some. $38 is a stellar price, and $22 is just insane.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2363 posts in 2034 days

I was a Lowes the other day to buy some glue. This blade was marked down to 29.95. Since my 12” Bosch miter saw still had the same blade from two years ago when I bought it. Seemed like a ridiculously low price? Or is it just me?

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1908 days

Just a note on the CMT P10050 50 tooth combo. It is a thin kerf blade.

Tennessee

Craftsman, that is the blade. Good snag!

Tennessee

No blades left at any of the Lowe’s around me, but I did score a dado set at a Chattanooga store for $61, down from $89.99. Some are getting them cheaper.