Carving & shaping made easy

Review by Grumpy posted 03-31-2008 01:01 AM 5528 views 2 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Carving & shaping made easy No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

You don’t have to be an expert carver to justify buying this tool (thats what you tell the ladies anyway, or the hubby if you are a lady Jock). it fits on an ordinary 4” (100mm) grinder).
It has three circular tungsten cutters which can be rotated when the lose the sharp edge.
A see through plastic (or perspex) shield makes it a much safer tool.
If you want to do some very quick shaping or carving this is the tool. I have not used it a lot but was impressed with the amount of control and cutting speed of this little sucker.
I don’t know if it is available in the US or elsewhere but here is the Aussie link.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Grumpy's profile

20615 posts in 2885 days

View GaryK's profile

#1 posted 03-31-2008 01:44 AM

I have been wanting one of those for a while now. It’s a great shaping tool.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

#2 posted 03-31-2008 03:18 AM

thats the same one that David marks uses. it looks like a great tool and he always praises it on his shows. thanks for the review.

View RusticElements's profile

#3 posted 03-31-2008 03:29 AM

I bought this a few months back at Lee Valley. Great tool! I use it to make spoons and bowls. VERY fast.

-- Michael R. Harvey - Brewster, NY - - -

#4 posted 03-31-2008 03:56 AM

Thanks Grumpy for the review. Now I have got to add another tool to my ever growing list. Maybe I will win the lottery.

#5 posted 03-31-2008 05:36 AM

Thanks Grumpy. Great review.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia †

View rikkor's profile

#6 posted 03-31-2008 12:47 PM

Thanks for the review Grumpy.

View jockmike2's profile

#7 posted 04-05-2008 09:30 AM

I’ve owned one for about 5 years, it’s called the Lancelot and it can hog a lot of wood in a short amount of time. I’ve used it for making chair seats, hollowing out bowls, debarking sculptures, and making sculptures. It will go through anything, its like a miniture chiainsaw, and can be resharpened like one. Great buy. I think I got mine at
at HF, or Woodcraft. mike

-- (You just have to please the man in the Mirror) Mike from Michigan -

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#8 posted 04-05-2008 03:26 PM

Hi Grumpy;

Great product review.

I ought to invest in one of these.

-- by Lee A. Jesberger