1/2'' Power Twist Plus Link V-Belt

Review by David White posted 07-21-2012 07:45 PM 3138 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
1/2'' Power Twist Plus Link V-Belt No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Put this link belt onto my table saw this morning – it took all of 5 minutes – and am amazed at the difference it made. The saw is now almost totally vibration free and is much quieter too. If your saw vibrates, you need this belt.

-- http://thecraftsmanstudio.com

View David White's profile

David White

118 posts in 1931 days

View madts's profile

madts

#1 posted 07-21-2012 08:06 PM

I totally agree. Best thing since sliced bread, or whatever it is.

-- Thor and Odin are still the greatest of Gods.

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#2 posted 07-23-2012 12:43 AM

Have them, use them and highly reccomend them for all belt driven machines.

Eventually I will put one on my table saw but will need to replace the pulleys with machined ones. Peachtree sells retrofit kits to do this.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle

View david_larch's profile

david_larch

#3 posted 07-23-2012 02:24 AM

Could these be used on a jointer?

-- www.alibiwoodworks.com

View David White's profile

David White

118 posts in 1931 days

#4 posted 07-23-2012 09:09 AM

They can be used on anything that takes a standard 1/2” V belt.

-- http://thecraftsmanstudio.com

#5 posted 07-23-2012 03:26 PM

I buy mine at HF.
They truly make a huge difference on any piece of equipemnt.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#6 posted 07-23-2012 03:36 PM

I put a HF link belt on my jointer (1930s vingtage machine) and it made a significant difference.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View JamWhi's profile

JamWhi

#7 posted 07-23-2012 05:36 PM

I have been using them on my band saw, lathe and jointer (all older machines) and they made a huge difference, highly recommend them.

View RKaste's profile

RKaste

#8 posted 07-23-2012 05:51 PM

They really do make a difference.

-- --May you have fair winds and following seas--

#9 posted 07-23-2012 10:52 PM

I’ve had great luck with the Harbor Freight brand….more belt for less money , too : )

View Triumph1's profile

Triumph1

#10 posted 07-24-2012 02:19 AM

They even made a 3/8” version for a bit. It actually cured the shakes in a 12” Craftsmen drill press I had. Great product. I did use the 1/2” version on a Dewalt hybrid table saw I used to have. Once installed you could instantly feel and hear the difference.

-- Jeff , Illinois Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View Roger's profile

#11 posted 07-25-2012 12:59 AM

Appreciate the review. And all who use ones from HF, thnx also. I’ve been wondering if HF belts are worth it. They are a bit cheaper than Rockler, dollar wise

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Fuzzy's profile

Fuzzy

#12 posted 07-25-2012 02:18 AM

I use them on EVERYTHING … including two on my Woodmaster 718 and three on my Gizz 1023. I’ve heard criticisms about how they stretch & slip, but I’ve never experienced that to the best of my knowledge.

We had a 700 HP machine at work called an air classifying mill … it took 18 belts … a piece of trash got caught up in the sheaves & shredded most of the belts. We always bought “matched” sets of Browning belts, bet couldn’t get them fast enough … SO … we got a couple of spools of this stuff … made out own … worked like a charm. They were still on that machine when I retired.

-- - dabbling in sarcasm is foolish … if you’re not proficient at it, you end up looking stupid … ... ...

View Retrowood's profile

Retrowood

#13 posted 07-27-2012 11:33 PM

Even if they did not cut the vibration(Which they do) the reduction in noise level is worth the cost.

-- Retrowood

View rasp's profile

rasp

#14 posted 07-28-2012 01:00 PM

another +1 for link belts, cheaper to replace as well, make sure you buy an extra foot for spare links

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3754 posts in 2018 days

#15 posted 07-30-2012 08:16 AM

My old, very old, Craftsman table saw has had a power twist for over 25 years ... the same belt!

I suppose I just jinx ed the belt … we’ll see!

I also added turned pulleys as opposed to the cast ones and it was a totally new sawing experience!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"