1/2'' Power Twist Plus Link V-Belt

Review by David White posted 760 days ago 3070 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
1/2'' Power Twist Plus Link V-Belt No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Put this link belt onto my table saw this morning – it took all of 5 minutes – and am amazed at the difference it made. The saw is now almost totally vibration free and is much quieter too. If your saw vibrates, you need this belt.

-- http://thecraftsmanstudio.com

View David White's profile

David White

116 posts in 1906 days

View madts's profile (online now)

madts

I totally agree. Best thing since sliced bread, or whatever it is.

-- Thor and Odin are still the greatest of Gods.

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

Have them, use them and highly reccomend them for all belt driven machines.

Eventually I will put one on my table saw but will need to replace the pulleys with machined ones. Peachtree sells retrofit kits to do this.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle

View david_larch's profile

david_larch

Could these be used on a jointer?

View David White's profile

David White

116 posts in 1906 days

They can be used on anything that takes a standard 1/2” V belt.

-- http://thecraftsmanstudio.com

I buy mine at HF.
They truly make a huge difference on any piece of equipemnt.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

I put a HF link belt on my jointer (1930s vingtage machine) and it made a significant difference.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View JamWhi's profile

JamWhi

I have been using them on my band saw, lathe and jointer (all older machines) and they made a huge difference, highly recommend them.

View RKaste's profile

RKaste

They really do make a difference.

-- --May you have fair winds and following seas--

I’ve had great luck with the Harbor Freight brand….more belt for less money , too : )

View Triumph1's profile

Triumph1

They even made a 3/8” version for a bit. It actually cured the shakes in a 12” Craftsmen drill press I had. Great product. I did use the 1/2” version on a Dewalt hybrid table saw I used to have. Once installed you could instantly feel and hear the difference.

-- Jeff , Illinois Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View Roger's profile

Appreciate the review. And all who use ones from HF, thnx also. I’ve been wondering if HF belts are worth it. They are a bit cheaper than Rockler, dollar wise

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Fuzzy's profile

Fuzzy

I use them on EVERYTHING … including two on my Woodmaster 718 and three on my Gizz 1023. I’ve heard criticisms about how they stretch & slip, but I’ve never experienced that to the best of my knowledge.

We had a 700 HP machine at work called an air classifying mill … it took 18 belts … a piece of trash got caught up in the sheaves & shredded most of the belts. We always bought “matched” sets of Browning belts, bet couldn’t get them fast enough … SO … we got a couple of spools of this stuff … made out own … worked like a charm. They were still on that machine when I retired.

-- - dabbling in sarcasm is foolish … if you’re not proficient at it, you end up looking stupid … ... ...

View Retrowood's profile

Retrowood

Even if they did not cut the vibration(Which they do) the reduction in noise level is worth the cost.

-- Retrowood

View rasp's profile

rasp

another +1 for link belts, cheaper to replace as well, make sure you buy an extra foot for spare links

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3684 posts in 1993 days

My old, very old, Craftsman table saw has had a power twist for over 25 years ... the same belt!

I suppose I just jinx ed the belt … we’ll see!

I also added turned pulleys as opposed to the cast ones and it was a totally new sawing experience!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"