Craftsman Mini Circular Saw model #Model # 112.10872

Review by ToddO posted 2335 days ago 18571 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Craftsman Mini Circular Saw model #Model # 112.10872 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The spec’s are:

Ergonomic soft grip

Handles:
Main Position:
3-position

I bought this saw for rough cutting plywood sheets instead of having to lug out my full size saw. Because I seldom do this task, I didn’t want to buy a battery powered saw or one that was twice as expensive. The barrel grip is comfortable to hold but is a little awkward when reaching across a long sheet of ply. I’ve always scoffed at lasers on portable tools as gimmicky and not really useful. But this tool’s laser guide has changed my mind, as I found it to be very useful. I would recommend this tool for anyone who is looking for an inexpensive small trim saw.

-- Todd, Richfield MN

View ToddO's profile

ToddO

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Great review. Thanks

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Thanks for the review. I am no longer a fan of Craftsman, though.

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

very cool. I like it.. didn’t know it was available!

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

Looks handy. Like Rikkor, I’ve been increasingly avoiding Craftsman since their merger resulted in worse production methods. If anything, I like the non-power tools that sport the lifetime warranty.

-- Jeff, South Carolina

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

great posting. makes me want to go look at this tool.

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View northwoodsman's profile

northwoodsman

My concern with this tool is the lack of a 2nd grip. With a small blade and a barrel grip, if it binds (which is very possible when cutting sheet goods) it will come flying out of the kerf right back at you. If you are supporting yourself, or the wood, and your other hand is nearby, you could get seriously injured. When DeWalt first came out with their 18v trim saw (the smaller one), I watched a good friend of mine at a job site nearly sever his thumb. He didn’t think that a small saw had much power and let his guard down and was using it one handed. His wrist wasn’t quite as strong as he thought, and his reflexes not nearly as quick as he thought. He was lucky that we were working across the street from a fire station and the paramedics were standing out in the driveway. Just something to think about. I’ll always choose safety over convenience.

-- NorthWoodsMan

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

Looks like a versital tool that could be used in a lot of different applications – great review!

-- --Chuck

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19378 posts in 2476 days

Interesting tool, thanks for sharing.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

that’s cool I just saw this same saw in there catalog today and was wondering how well it works

-- Tyler, Illinois

View raghu's profile

raghu

i want to purchase this machine so please send me its pries value and purchase link