Popular Woodworking Easy to Build Birdhouses A Natural Approach

Review by Daris posted 674 days ago 1909 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Popular Woodworking Easy to Build Birdhouses A Natural Approach No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Easy to Build Birdhouses - A Natural Approach

I love all things BIRD.  There, I said it.  I like birds, birdhouses, bird feeders, bird baths, bird stores, and most of all I enjoy making some of these things.  Surprisingly though, I’ve never bought a project book of just bird houses(although many of the books I have include some plans).  I picked up the book Easy to Build Birdhouses - A Natural Approach: Must Know Info to Attract and Keep the Birds You Want (Popular Woodworking) at Amazon for a really reasonable price.  I have thoroughly enjoyed making several of the projects that are listed in here.  All of the plans for the projects I’ve built have been spot on, and the book really has a wide variety of projects to make.  The author, A.J. Hamler has also included several “fun designs” in the book as well.  I haven’t tackled any of these, but look forward to trying some of them.  The book also includes a good intro guide to different size birds for different size houses.  It includes a handy supplier list and index. For info and links to this check out my other entry at woodlogger.com I think you’ll really enjoy this book…!

To date I’ve built five of these:
The Bat House – Although I can’t get any bats in there to save my life.
The Butterfly House
The Gravity Feeder – This was a fun one, first time I’ve ever used plexiglass in a project.  Turns out it’s a snap (literally) to use.
Suet Feeder – This uses so little wood, that I made three at the same time and gave them away as Christmas Presents
Hummingbird Feeder - This was easy and neat to make.  I made three of these at the same time and gave away extras as presents.

The book includes plans and simple instructions for 26 projects.  The author breaks them down into three types of projects:

Traditional Bird Houses

Daris

1 comment so far

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

I have been looking for a book lke this; thanks, I’ll check it out.

-- Mike