Good Sander with Lots of Little Features

Review by lab7654 posted 06-18-2012 04:33 AM 1973 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Good Sander with Lots of Little Features Good Sander with Lots of Little Features Good Sander with Lots of Little Features Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this sander after minor in-store deliberation because it seemed like the best deal. I got it a little over a year ago for $40 on sale at Sears. It comes with a bunch of detail attachments for specific jobs. They look useful, but I haven’t really used them. The sander came with paper for each of the attachments, in assorted grits (60-80-120). The “pressure control” is basically a system of lights that tell you how much pressure you are applying. Could be useful, but again, I haven’t really used it.

Two problems with this sander. First isn’t really a problem, but a minor inconvenience. The paper for this sander is brand-specific, meaning you have to buy Skil sandpaper to fit it. It is a bit hard to find, but I suppose a person could rig up a way to use other paper if they wanted to. I’m still running off of the paper that was included. Also, the paper only comes in 60, 80, and 120 grits. This is the reason I’ll be buying a ROS soon. Second problem: the hook and loop bottom on the main body of the sander came off on me one day, and it didn’t look like it was supposed to… meaning that I had to glue it back on. Right now, it is attached with some JB Weld and it appears to be holding well enough.

This sander is alright for little, specific jobs and rough sanding, but I would probably buy a ROS instead.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

1 comment so far

View palaswood's profile

palaswood

#1 posted 09-11-2014 08:41 AM

Good review. You bought the tool, used it then reported on its performance. Bravo. Apparently the other “review” on here wasnt …well …wasnt a review at all.

-- Joseph, Lake Forest, CA, http://instagram.com/palas_woodcraft#