Drill Master Electric Planer

Review by Remedyman posted 802 days ago 4008 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Drill Master Electric Planer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My wonderful woman bought me this planer for a Father’s day gift, but couldn’t wait and had to give it to me yesterday.

It was the cheaper of the two but it seemed quite ok. I ran a short piece of douglas fir under it for a few passes. It planned the wood very nicely. It was glass smooth. And I put it down to spend some time with the family.

Later in the day I ran a piece of older (partially rotten) douglas fir past the knifes just to take a little off. Then I picked up the original piece of fir and wanted to remove a cross groove I put in with my own error. After I ran the planer across it, I could tell it was grooved. I looked at the blades and saw that they had substanial nicks in it.

Going to their website I see that this model (the cheaper of the two) uses alloy steel blades. The upgraded version has a bigger plate and uses carbide blades. Luckily for me, my lady doesn’t mind me upgrading.

You gotta love a woman that buys you tools. :-)

-- As long as our customers are happy, we have done a good job. Even if we are our own customer.

View Remedyman's profile

Remedyman

Wow, glad to hear you discovered this so early. I am considering a planer like this

-- Norman

View hjt's profile

hjt

Lucky you and me. My wife loves going to the hardware store and buying tools for me too! We have a project now (working on her house which we rent out.

Me: “Honey I think I need a hand held planer ….”

Her: OK, what else might you need??

-- Harold