Grizzly 4 1/2" Mallet

Review by Stephenw posted 06-16-2012 10:45 PM 1941 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly 4 1/2" Mallet Grizzly 4 1/2" Mallet Grizzly 4 1/2" Mallet Click the pictures to enlarge them

I considered building a mallet, but with so many other projects in the queue, I decided to buy the 4 1/2” mallet from grizzly.com.

The handle finish is a little rough. There is also dirt and a brown substance all over the mallet. The pictures are of the new, unused mallet. Many mallet heads are made from several parts laminated together. This mallet head is a solid piece with a tapered hole bored through for the handle. The result is a somewhat sloppy fit.

At $12.95, it wasn’t an expensive tool, but there will be no pride of ownership. Save your money and build your own.

-- http://www.garagebulletin.com/

View Stephenw's profile

Stephenw

View Chris Cook's profile

Chris Cook

#1 posted 06-17-2012 04:50 AM

At $12.95, I would’ve picked it up as well. Thanks for the review, it’s the bad reviews that save us a ton of frustration.

-- Chris, “as soon as you come up with something foolproof, they come up with a better fool""

View felkadelic's profile

felkadelic

#2 posted 06-18-2012 03:40 AM

Thanks for the review. Making a mallet (it’s on my projects page) was one of the more satisfying things I’ve done in my shop, so I’d definitely encourage you to make your own sometime