|Review by Alexandre||posted 05-29-2012 02:49 AM||4496 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
The dust deputy is a great dust separator for my Ridgid shop vac.
I gave it 4 stars out of 5 because for a few reasons:
1. It’s really unbalanced without a cart when you move it
2. Its pretty awkward moving it unless you build a cart.
3. Static electricity during dry times is a pain and a hassle as some dust gets in because it tends to stick to the cyclone.
4. The container fills up quickly, probably a 35 gal drum would be nice.
5. The price is pretty high for a piece of moulded plastic and 2 plastic buckets
6. The hose that came with mine
is one of those SUPER HEAVY DUTY hoses that look totally bulletproof, weigh about the same weight as the dust deputy and that make the dust deputy start to sag on the bucket lid…
Otherwise, it is a great addition to my shop.
My Ridgid shop vac is one of those shop vacs that EVEN when the filter is clogged and the drum is basically full, it still has suction
So, After sucking up the usual shop mess from the table saw, router table, mitre saw and sander, the Dust deputy filled up but the vacuum was nice and empty, except for about 1 teaspoon of dust.
Thanks for reading my brief review!
-- My terrible signature...