Great Lathe for Limited Room

Review by plantek posted 826 days ago 3228 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Lathe for Limited Room No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this lathe last February. Since then I have turned a bunch of pens and a few bowls/vessels.
The lathe is great. I haven’t had any trouble with it bogging down. The reverse is big plus when it come to finishing.
The variable speed is a must have.
I have a couple of chucks to go with it (Nova G3 & Nova 2) which makes for versatility. I have the lathe on the stand also sold by Delta fitted with Rockler Workbench Casters which make moving it around the garage when not in use a breeze.
I have not need the bed extension yet but I wouldn’t hesitate buying in when needed.
This is my first lathe but I have used a Jet and a Rixon in the same class. I highly recommend the Delta over the other two.
You can find more details here: Delta 46-460

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View plantek's profile

plantek

View NH_Hermit's profile

NH_Hermit

I really love mine too. It certainly meets my hobbyist’s needs. I did buy the bed extension later on which added to the lathe’s versatility.

-- John from Horse Shoe

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

thanks for the review. this is one good looking, and beefy lathe.

I’m curious if you could expand on the ” I highly recommend the Delta over the other two.” – in what way do you feel this one is superior to the other 2 lathes you mentioned?

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View Delta356's profile

Delta356

You can never go wrong with Delta tools. This lathe is the top mini lathes these days..
Happy turning.

Thanks, Michael Frey
Portland, OR

FREY WOODWORKING INC.

View plantek's profile

plantek

Purplev: The Delta is built a lot stouter then the other two. The other two did not have variable speed nor where they reversible. I do believe the Delta cost about $100.00 or so more but to me it’s worth it.
I do not have the model # of the other two.

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

thanks!

the reversible head alone is definitely a feature thats worth that price difference. and the VS is just an added bonus.

makes sense

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.