Packages have incorrect size info on them

Review by patcollins posted 788 days ago 1628 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Packages have incorrect size info on them Packages have incorrect size info on them No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well back in December when Peachtree woodworking had a sale I purchased four clamps that are under the Pocket Hole Accessories section. I received them and they appear to be made decently but nothing to write home about, they are cast aluminum and steel but probably good enough. Where the problem lies is the packages say they are useable for stock up to 7/8” thick. Today I went to use them on some 3/4” stock and they would not fit, upon further inspection I found there is no way to get a 3/4” piece of wood in them. Very disappointed in this as I was planning on using them for alot of utility work that gets pocket hole screws.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

View SCOTSMAN's profile

SCOTSMAN

That’s just plain bad selling sorry I think you have a right to complain re this.I once bought a porter cable nail gun gas type and was told in the add a gas cylinder would last 4000 nails then when it arrived it said 2000 nails I don’t like this way of doing things.I am sorry for your trouble and agree with your sentiments. Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

View jmos's profile

jmos

I would complain to Peachtree, they might say it’s too late, but they might return them for you. After all, they aren’t all that useful if they can’t even take common 3/4” stock.

I ordered some hardware for a project and finally got around to trying it out many months later. It was only then I realized they didn’t include on small part. Called them and they shipped it out no questions asked. I do love Lee Valley. Can’t hurt to try, Peachtree seems like a pretty good outfit from my limited experience with them.

Any chance the sent you the wrong size ones?

-- John

View cliff56's profile

cliff56

i had the same experience with this clamp will not accept 3\4 stock. i was dumbfounded thwn what goos is it? most i do is 3\4.

111999 posts in 2173 days

That is a royal pain ,I would contact Peachtree , I’ve done business with them for years and found their products to a good value. I would hope they would give you a refund.