I use this same machine

Review by kajunkraft posted 826 days ago 1960 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I use this same machine No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a great machine. I do not use the flap part. Have read many comments about how difficult it is, and some even say dangerous. So, I use the small bladder on one side, with 80 grit and the large one with 150 grit. I mainly use it to clean up rounded over (with router) corners to build outdoor furniture. I use a handheld bicycle pump and it is probably less than 10 psi because I think I push too hard and it would be too aggressive at a higher psi. When I was first looking for one, there were only two choices that I found … the Grizzly for about $275 or another one for around $1,000. No agonizing here. It’s basically only a benchtop grinder set up with different shafts to hold the sanding component. Have use the Grizzly for about 2 yrs. now with only one problem … my bladder split. Could probably be patched just like an inner tube and I may do that. However, Grizzly promptly sent me a replacement with no hassle. I have used different spindle sanders, and drill press accessories, but this dedicated machine is really great. Dust collection is an issue, but I use a Big Gulp spring-clamped to the table and it does a pretty good job.

OK. I was just trying to add a comment to a prior review but it required a picture. So, I picked a picture that really has nothing to do with this comment. But, there it is!

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

”I was just trying to add a comment to a prior review but it required a picture.”
What site was that on ?
”I picked a picture that really has nothing to do with this comment. But, there it is!”
Are you trying to say that you did or didn’t use the sander on your too small to see project picture ?
How about a pic of the tool itself , or a close up of a project that you used it on ?

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

Well I thought my comment followed a review by “redryder” concerning the Grizzly G8749 sander which he included a picture of the machine. Therefore it wouldn’t be necessary for me to also include a photo? I use the G8749 sander on practically everything I make. It’s a great machine!

View redryder's profile

redryder

Not to worry “kajunkraft”. A little more time cruizin’ around this web site and you will have it down…............

-- mike...............