Great Saw

Review by cutit posted 781 days ago 4216 views 2 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been using saws for almost 70 years. When I retired from contracting we sold our large home with my big shop and of course most of the large tools I owned. Table saws, radial arm saws etc. they all went. Our new home needed some repair but I was limited to tool space. I was into Lowe’s about three years ago and looked at the price and what I was getting, it went home with us. Is it perfect, no but you can not beat it for the price. Went together easy and is very sturdy when up on it’s legs, I would have done the guard for the table lock so you do not need three hands to put it down to move but was able to do it at 82. The fence I always put a square on when I use it and had to do that on saws that I paid over twice as much for. With the table ext. and my own I am able to cut sheets of plywood and most anything else I have wanted to. I also have a dado head set but as the manual tells you have to buy the plate for it, the saw insert will not work with it and other saws are the same. My table top is true, blade square with the table never needed to readjust. I have used this saw for all kinds of projects. New doors for the kitchen cabinets, made several end tables, chests of drawers, benches, cut strips to make my own moldings. All it has needed is sharp blades and to be kept clean. The other thing I really love is put it down secure the latch and I can move it in and out of my small tool storage by myself even lifting it up over the ledge. I would fight you before I would let you take it. The only thing I could not find for it is a zero clearance insert so I will make one out of one of the new hard plastics that are available like lexan. I believe if you are looking for a great saw at a terrific price you can not beat it. If I was still contracting I would still use it for its portability and reliability. No, no one paid me for this, wish they had. Just need to say if you don’t know what you are doing with a large saw maybe you should leave it in the store. Go buy the saw and make some things as I am still doing with mine.

View cutit's profile

cutit

View Howie's profile

Howie

Sounds like it fits your needs perfectly. Enjoy it.

-- Life is good.

View rhybeka's profile

rhybeka

Thanks for the review, cutit! i just saw that my local Lowes has started carrying (what I’m assuming is) a newer model of this saw and have been contemplating it to replace my B&D Firestorm (don’t get me started).

Becky

-- aspiring jill of all trades

View shopmania's profile

shopmania

I’ve seen this in Lowes and it looks like a nice saw for a pretty good price. Fortunately for me my family spoiled me this last Christmas with a SawStop Contractor saw so I quit looking at this one. Glad to hear it is working out so well for you, and that you are keeping busy with it. Nice review.

-- Tim, Myrtle Beach, DrTim@ONeillChiro.com- Just one more tool, that's all I need! :)