Great saw without dropping the big $$$$

Review by gardentiger posted 05-14-2012 12:18 PM 4805 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great saw without dropping the big $$$$ No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this saw at Did a lot of research and they had the best price. After playing with old Disston saws for a few years this is a real eye opener. This saw seemed more rigid and cut lots better. I stayed out in the shop and cut a few more pieces of lumber just because I enjoyed it so much. Highly recommend.

View gardentiger's profile

#1 posted 05-14-2012 05:42 PM

A while ago I bought a Great Neck on Amazon for , I believe around $20.00, never did a review , I am also happy with it.

View ChuckV's profile

#2 posted 05-15-2012 12:51 AM

I agree that this is a great saw. I’ve had mine for a few years and it has become my tool or choice for initially cross-cutting my rough lumber. My last project used some of a massive 16/4 cherry board over 10’ long. If I didn’t have this saw, I probably would have resorted to a chain saw.

The taper ground is a very important feature of this saw.

-- “And the products of wealth push you along on the bow wave of their spiritless undying selves.” ― I. Anderson

View ShipWreck's profile

#3 posted 05-15-2012 09:48 AM

Nice looking saw….....How much do they cost?

#4 posted 05-17-2012 09:12 AM

Great looking saw, looks like a good value for $102.00 will have to look into one of these thx.

View TDog's profile

#5 posted 05-07-2013 03:42 AM

It’s great to see this review/article.

I just received my Lynx rip saw by delivery today.
Looking ahead to making lots of saw dust and great projects
with it in the near future. You may be a able to catch my short intro at this link:

Have a good one!