Simple & Well Made

Review by ShipWreck posted 813 days ago 3732 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Simple & Well Made Simple & Well Made Simple & Well Made Click the pictures to enlarge them

I stopped by WoodCraft this morning to see what they had in stock for marking gauges. They had the Veritas dual marking gauge and the Cosman. Both were very well made and sold for the same price. I would have been happy with either one. I decided on the Cosman because the head/face has a nice flat area to prevent the tool from rolling off the bench. I got it home and marked about 10-12 lines along some red oak. I started at the 1/2” range all the way out to 5” in 1/2” increments. It marked as well with the grain as it did going across. The face is large enough to provide plenty of stability. You can use it one handed with it extended to about 3”. There is not much else to say about it other than excellent workmanship and materials used in making it. This tool will outlast me for sure.

View ShipWreck's profile

ShipWreck

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

Thanks for the review. If you don’t mind me asking, what did it cost?

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View ShipWreck's profile

ShipWreck

$59.00 Dwain

View TDog's profile

TDog

Would it be good to use in place of a Titemark gauge?
I would like to save some cash.

-- "So many projects...so little time..." Psalm 23

View thedude50's profile

thedude50

thanks for the review I noticed this was linked in from robs site very cool for you . I am going to buy the set it is a savings to get this and the mortice gauge at the same time and is better than the Veritas IMHO.

-- when I am not on Lumberjocks I am on @ http://thisoldworkshop.com where we allow free speech