Great little product

Review by Woodshopfreak posted 2341 days ago 2048 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great little product Great little product Great little product Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is the jig saw that I got about three years ago. It is a great little saw, and cuts like you wouldn’t belive. There is a few things that I love about this saw, first, the fact that it has dust collection is a big plus in my book. There is a little shroud, if I am saying that correctly that captures a decent amount of dust, and there is a blower on the other side to push it to the shroud. Another cool feature is the quick disconect blade thingy. It is really simple ot change from a scroling blade to a fast cut, to a smooth cut blade. The variable speed, and case are also nice things to consider. On top of all of that there is the fact that it only set me back $30 bucks and I am happy I made the disision. Since then I have gotton a band saw which has pretty much retired this little guy, but for the times that I need it it is perfect and ready to go. I also use it sometimes when my dad isn’t home to cut larger boards, as I am not allowed to cut with my tablesaw unless he is home. A++ for this tool.

-- Tyler, Illinois

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

I’ve got that same saw Tyler. I don’t use it often, but when I do use it I’ve found that it works really well.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

Good review Tyler, keep up the good work.

-- --Chuck

View DannyBoy's profile

DannyBoy

I have a similar model to this one, but I think it may be an newer one. Same orange casing and all. I would be gentle on harder woods with it. Although mine still works, I went at a piece of maple with it once and I think the gears and motor are wearing out.

Also, on my model, there is a small patch at the top that is clear and raised. I think the designers were trying for a comfort grip but missed. After a small amount of time my hand starts to hurt.

-- He said wood...http://hickbyassociation.blogspot.com/

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

Nice review. I have a very similar model. Mine has a variable control for aggressiveness, but it is identical otherwise. I have found that a quality blade makes all the difference. Not too satisfied with it with B&D blades, but I’ve picked up some Bosch blades that make it very effective for things I can’t bandsaw. Like you said, they don’t cost much so it was a great value. Having played with a Festool Trion in another shop (think I spelled that right), I can say that it is not anywhere close to that level. Suits me fine though.

-- Jeff, South Carolina

View Elyjah Thomas's profile

Elyjah Thomas

i have the same saw and i use it for just about every thing it is a great little saw

-- K.I.S.S Keep-It-Simple-Stupid!!! my moto!!