No Slowing Down

Review by TDog posted 725 days ago 2572 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
No Slowing Down No Slowing Down No Slowing Down Click the pictures to enlarge them

I researched several skill saws before buying this one. I wanted a saw that was reliable and square…period.
This is what I decided on. It has been a good saw. I mostly cut old barn wood for rustic table work. So I don’t know what I’ll be cutting many times, age, condition, dry, wet, etc. I do clean up the nails well and remove first.

This Milwauee Saw really does cut all the way through the cut smoothly with no bogging down at all. I use my speed square during most cuts for squareness and this saw cuts well doing that. I have cut some semi damp wood and had no trouble, however I do not make it a habit. The long cord is a plus for sure as I do use this saw some at the workbench also. I wanted a very durable saw also as I am not a graceful woodworker and drop things and knock things over at times. I do not want to worry is my little saw broken. So I bought one that I can pick back up and get right back to work with.

The cord is interchangeable with other Milwaukee power tools as I will get their saws all in the future. But I hear the cords are a bit pricey.

The plate is durable and square based on my cuts and checking with a steel framing square. The saw costs a bit more than other skill saws but I did not mind as I would rather buy it once and keep on working than break one and end up buying another and be out twice the money.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want a no nonsense saw that won’t slow you down, plus you can work with peace of mind, buy this saw. You won’t be disappointed.

View Mosquito's profile

Mosquito

I’ve got the non-interchangeable cord version of this saw, and love it. A very accurate review, thanks for posting it :-)

-- Mos - Twin Cities, MN -- Stanley #45 Evangelist - www.youtube.com/MosquitoMods

TDog

Now that I think about it, I opted to not get the cord change model due to the price of the cord verses adding and old one. My mistake on noting that feature which my pictures do show-regular cord.
It is a hardworking I enjoy.

View Mosquito's profile

Mosquito

Well, then I guess I’ve got the same saw, and couldn’t agree more :-)

View BTKS's profile

BTKS

1955 posts in 1970 days

Good review. I have this saw and it is a workhorse!
At first, I thought the tilt lock part was a sales gimmick and quite useless. Now, I have used the tilt a couple of times to reach on long cuts or awkward postions and I find it quite useful.

-- "Man's ingenuity has outrun his intelligence" (Joseph Wood Krutch)

View BigAl98's profile

BigAl98

I have one now for about 7 years. And it’s been good to me too!

-- Al,New Jersey -To thine own self be true

TDog

I have been using this great saw since I first posted this review up to today which is Tuesday, October 16, 2013. I have cut plenty of barn timber, plywood, recycled 2x material, and even a few logs here and there. It keeps on running with smoothness and true to square with a straight edge. I am even skipping out on the new battery powered models as I work mostly in my “shop” my half of the garage which is plenty. If you decide against battery power, you cannot go wrong with this puppy. The adjustable handle grip angle has really been convenient also. Flipped to the last notch on the high side, this thing is very comfortable and seems much lighter in the cut and more agile to wield around while working.

JUST AND UPDATE