Poor Communication

Review by Bertha posted 854 days ago 2493 views 0 times favorited 30 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Poor Communication No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I ordered two woodscrews and two garters on April 3, 2012 for $320.00. I sent a total of 8 messages to check on the status of my order. I said, “I’m not asking for the World, just a bit of communication” (both on the site form and via e-mail). Without a single word, my payment was refunded on April 25, 2012. The credit hasn’t posted yet but I have every reason to believe it will. The right thing to do would have been to simply tell me he couldn’t fill the order. Then I could have purchased the screws from Lake Eerie and got a month jump on the processing time.
Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Apr 3, 2012 Payment To Big Wood Vise. The seller has refunded this payment in full. Go to the transaction details to see the payment method that was refunded. Details -$320.00 USD

Related Transactions Date Type Status Details Amount Apr 3, 2012 Charge From Credit Card CompletedYour transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.Your transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete. ... $320.00 USD Apr 25, 2012 Refund Completed Details $320.00 USD Apr 25, 2012 Credit to Credit Card Completed Details -$320.00 USD

View racerglen's profile

racerglen

Ouch

:-(

-- Glen, Vernon B.C. Canada

Bertha

^just a headsup, Glen, that’s all a hillbilly needs. :)

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

So never a reason why? Are you going to go the Lake Erie route now?

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

View jmos's profile

jmos

Sorry to hear that Al. When I was looking for my wooden screw late last year the Big Wood Vise site was up, but had a message that they were out of business and reopening soon. Sounds like they’re having some serious problems. Lake Erie was great to work with, no problems at all, and I really like their product. Unfortunately, they did have a decent wait time when I ordered.

-- John

View ShaneA's profile

ShaneA

that stinks Al. glad he sent the money back. good luck on plan B.

View Brit's profile

Brit

Yet another company that can’t deliver the goods or even let you know why there is a holdup. No excuse for silence when you are working in a customer-facing role. Even when it is bad news, it is better to deliver it quickly and hopefully keep the customer, than hack them off with the silent treatment.

Hope you get better luck with Eerie.

-- Andy -- Old Chinese proverb say: If you think something can't be done, don't interrupt man who is doing it.

Bertha

^totally Agree, Andy. Can’t do it? No problem whatsoever.

View Don W's profile

Don W

it proves it takes more than good craftsmanship to run a business. I hope you eventually get a good screw in.

Sorry Al, just couldn’t pass on the pun. Make sure you read it correctly :-)

-- Master hand plane hoarder. - http://timetestedtools.com

Bertha

Lol! I just put in an order for two screws at Lake Eerie. Very professional. E-mailed me back in seconds with order status, etc. You can log into their site to track the status of your order. Much improved.

View Roger Clark aka Rex's profile

Roger Clark aka Rex

6940 posts in 2068 days

This is a problem which is growing, I’ve run into situations myself fairly recently.
Ordered some clock inserts from Steebar, received order confirmation, waited several weeks, then emailed, no answer. Been three months now, several emails sent, NADA.
Ordered a small Jig from a company in San Antonio, received order confirmation, same problem got no communication, then 6 weeks later got an email asking if I still wanted the Jig, so I did not answer it, I was pissed.

-- Roger-R, Republic of Texas. "Always look on the Bright Side of Life" - An eyeball to eyeball confrontation with a blind person is as complete waste of Time.

View Brit's profile

Brit

Al – I don’t know whether you’ve considered it, but Richard McGuire will sell you a wooden vise screw. Don’t dismiss it without finding out exactly how much the postage will cost you. Quality is assured, I mean you’ve seen his workbenches. 2 1/2” vise screws cost ¬£160. Why not drop him a mail or give him a call and ask him how much it would be? You’ve got nothing to loose brother.

Check out this link: http://www.rm-workbenches.co.uk/html/wooden_vice_screws.htm

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1273 days

You had me from the word garters… ;=)

No doubt: Service IS key.

^David, lol:)
Andy, I already put in the order to Lake Eerie but you bring up a good point. I have a bad habit of neglecting that part of the World. I usually sort Ebay by US only, so disrespectful:) The times that I have bought tools from England, the shipping really wasn’t that bad. I should have considered your advice but I wanted to get a jump on the 1 month wait time, given the 1 month that was already wasted. Scott is lapping me!

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

I am getting to where I Goggle reviews and complaints before I order anything online from an unknown. You are lucky you got your $$ refunded ;-)

The latest scam I ran into was AT&T Advertising Solutions doing web business advertising. I finally just stopped paying them, contested all charges with my cc company and filed a scathing complaint with the BBB. It took 6 months, but they went away and I am happy about that! ;-)) You are lucky you weren’t burned.

Another scam to watch for is a double billing several months or a year later. I had that happen to me. The CC companies and prosecuting attys say it is a clerical error. I find that hard to believe when it shows up again a year later on your cc statement ;-(

View AnthonyReed's profile

AnthonyReed

So the two stars are for the pretty pictures on their site?

-- ~Tony