very handy

Review by reggle posted 04-24-2012 09:36 PM 1832 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
very handy very handy No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

normally i tend to avoid ratchet screwdrivers because they always break but there agian buying creap ones dont help.i dont how much this one was because it was a gift. the handle may look a bit uncomfortable but it feels very nice in the hand

pros>
lifetime warranty
bit storage
come with five bit
strong magnet

cons
none yet

-- reggle/england/Nothing like a good piece of hickory

View reggle's profile

reggle

View knothead's profile

knothead

#1 posted 04-24-2012 11:46 PM

You will LOVE it over time!
I am an Aircraft Mechanic (Heavy Jet) for, gawd, a lot longer than I care to admit and have had that screwdriver from Snap-On since 1992 (looks like they haven’t changed it in all these years), I live and work outdoors in my job and have used it in all kinds of weather and subjected it to any number of chemicals that make ordinary plastic handles whither into a gooey blob and it is still my “go to” screwdriver when I reach into my box (a screwdriver is my most used small hand tool, nearly every day). Anyway after all these years it is pretty beat up and not so pretty as yours anymore but STILL works flawlessly. IF it ever breaks I will buy another one! You got yourself a fine tool there.

Chris

-- So Much Wood - So Little Time! --

#2 posted 04-25-2012 12:54 AM

Can’t go wrong with Snap-On tools and their lifetime guarantee : )

View Milo's profile

Milo

851 posts in 1972 days

#3 posted 04-25-2012 03:14 PM

Expensive!

-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...

View roundguy's profile

roundguy

#4 posted 04-26-2012 02:37 AM

Don’t pull the snap ring off of it. I had one of those and was curious how it worked, so I squeezed the ring. The thing exploded, ball bearings bounced, and its never used again. Some of the parts were in a can for a while, then I threw it away because I got mad every time I came across it.

View 308Gap's profile

308Gap

#5 posted 04-27-2012 05:38 PM

Con : throwing wallet at snap on truck to get him to stop. I stopped wrenching years ago but still own alot of snap on. When I owned a shop the trucks magically showed up with their trucks of shinny toys, but know it’s like hunting turkeys. good review, throw the price up in your post.

-- Thank You Veterans!

View yuri's profile

yuri

#6 posted 05-04-2012 05:25 PM

I had one, but with black handle, unfortunately I lost it. The screwdriver served me several years. It is great, very smooth ratcheting action, comfortable. I like thin upper part of the main shaft with knurling, handy when I need “manually” screw easy going small bolts. I miss it a lot. I could not imagine that such simple tool can be that addictive and head above everything else I used.