Kreg Multi-Mark

Review by Daris posted 868 days ago 2680 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kreg Multi-Mark Kreg Multi-Mark Kreg Multi-Mark Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking and you’re partly right. Why am I reviewing a glorified ruler? Well there is a little bit more to it than that. I have a couple of combo squares that I regularly use, and one of them broke a few weeks ago. Recently, I’ve turned into a Kreg nerd and so I thought I would check out the Kreg multi-mark tool and see how it does. Needless to say Kreg does it again. This little tool is great! Really…! Let’s face it 80% of all the measures we do as casual woodworkers are 6? or less. This tool takes up only a little bit of space on my work table and makes quick measurements easy to do.

It also makes setting the depth of the blade on your table-saw (or bits on a router) a snap. The multi-mark also includes a simple level which comes in handy. The metal scale can be removed and re-positioned to allow you to use the tool as a 90° square. You can also re-position it be a 45° marking tool. The measure has both Imperial and Metric scales.

Overall I wouldn’t recommend you run out and buy one of these today. If however, you’re looking for a nice handy tool to do most of the quick marking measurements for your projects, it’s worth checking out. The price is affordable, and here is a link over to woodlogger where you can see more pics, and links to the tool.

-- Daris, Indianapolis, http://www.woodlogger.com

View Daris's profile

Daris

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

Good review, though I have my doubts if it’s an accurate 90*; some of the reviews mentioned slop in the part where the ruler locks down.

I thought about it though; not too expensive lately.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View gko's profile

gko

I picked it up awhile ago and I use it mainly to transfer measurements. Slips into my pocket and is light so easy to carry around. Used it line up cabinet doors, transfer thickness to TS, and a host of other transfers. Measuring inside cabinet is difficult with just a tape so this being 6” just measure side wall to device and add 6”. Quick and dirty 90 and 45 degrees on narrow stock is ok. I don’t trust it for fine work but very handy in general carpentry.

-- Wood Menehune, Honolulu