Best Nailer you'll find in this price range

Review by teenagewoodworker posted 2355 days ago 8183 views 0 times favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best Nailer you'll find in this price range No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I love this brad nailer. i got it a Lowe’s for about 80 dollars and it hasn’t failed me since. it has never jammed and the performance has been great. i decided on this brad nailer because it had a 7 year warranty and it was the only one under 100 dollars to accept brads up to 2”. i like how its oil free too. this is my first brad nailer so i don’t know how much of a good thing that is but my dad (who has had nailers you need to oil) says that its good.

now more on the performance. as i said it has never jammed and always drives the nail perfectly just below the surface as long as you have it within the recommended pressure settings. the brads are easy to load also which makes life a whole lot easier. i have been very happy with this brad nailer so far and if it broke tomorrow i would get a new one because of the warranty. but if i needed to i would buy another one again.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

View Mat's profile

Mat

My dad acutally has this same nailer and I’ve used it once to build some closet shelving with great results. I’ll be buying one this weekend for use on some around the house projects. Glad to hear you like it too.

View DaveH's profile

DaveH

Don’t know if it is the same model, but I’ve been using a Bostitch Brad Nailer for about 4 years now and I too have had good luck with it. No jams, ever. I can’t say that mine always drives the brad to the required depth but it’s in the high 90’s percent. Overall, I’ve been pleased also. Would I buy it again? Maybe. I’d have to look at my options at the time.

-- DaveH - Boise, Idaho - “How hard can it be? It's only wood!”

View Tom Adamski's profile

Tom Adamski

TWW,
I too bought this one about 4 years ago and have had great results. Never a jam or misfire. Only downside, (rather insignificant) is the protective rubber tip is too easy to knock off. Thankfully it is bright orange and easy to spot on the sawdust covered floor.

Thanks,
Tom

-- Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsman can hide his mistakes.

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Nice review, but I already have a Senco.

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

Cool. Wish I had a compressor. :( They are expesnive

-- Tyler, Illinois

View jcees's profile

jcees

Ditto on that puppy. I have one too and it has been very reliable and a cinch to use. I like NOT having to oil the thing too. I recently purchased the Bostitch 15ga.angle feed brad nailer. Sweet! I gave it a workout the first week on my paw-in-law’s new boat dock driving 2” stainless brads. Worked like a charm and again, NO oil.

always,
J.C.

-- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -- John Muir

View JasonH's profile

JasonH

I’ve had this bad boy for about 2 years, and I LOVE it! Never a single problem with it.

-- Living on the square...

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

Good review. These things (pneumatic nailers) are about as handy as pockets on a shirt. I have the Porter Cable version, a Porter Cable pin nailer, a Pasload trim nailer and a Pasload framing gun. Don’t know where my hammer is – and don’t really care. These nailers are just great!!!

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

I have one of these as well and have used it without a problem for nearly 4 years.

View Bill Butler's profile

Bill Butler

I can only jump on the upbeat band wagon. I too have one and absolutely love it.

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

I have one of these. I don’t use it often, but when I have it has worked flawlessly.

View JebStuart's profile

JebStuart

I’m a newby and don’t want to make a neby’s mistake.

The above reviews are all helpful and very positive, but when I go to my online shop which carries this tool and also has reviews, say this tool is a “lemon.” I’m inclined to believe and trust the Lumberjocks’ review but perhaps this tool has changed (manufacturing changes??). Anyway, here’s the tool I think you are referring to: Bostitch BT200K-2 – 2” 18 Gauge Oil-Free Brad Nailer Kit. Any clarification would be appreciated.

-- --Jeb

View JDL's profile

JDL

#13 posted 1995 days ago

Mine works fine but doesn’t exactly feel like its built to last… Are all safety’s that rickety? Also, the magnetic strip came off first thing so I had to glue it back. No big deal.

-- Jay

View thiel's profile

thiel

359 posts in 1928 days

Picked one of these on tooliday.com for $26. Nice!

-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency