My New Rockler HVLP Spray System

Review by Jorge Velez posted 829 days ago 5719 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My New Rockler HVLP Spray System My New Rockler HVLP Spray System My New Rockler HVLP Spray System Click the pictures to enlarge them

It’s been about 6 wks since I purchase this Rockler Spray System I’m very happy with the performance of this product.

I own a small compressor and I had been using this for quite some time but I was kind of annoying with the level of noise and the fact that is not as portable as I wanted to be, this Spray system is fully portable and bit less noisy, however I had made an plywood enclosure and reduce the noise. I dont have a way to measure the noise levels but certainly is lower than my old compressor.

I purchase this Spray system on Rockler and did Bring to Guadalajara, Mex on the plane, which by the way it survive the trip on it’s own packing.

The performance it’s very good, the compression is the adequate and it spray the finish very uniform, it has spray regulation, I wish I would have bought this sprayer years ago! This really stepped up my game, it’s an EXCELENT product for the price, as far as I know, it’s the lowest price on market for HVLP.

-- Jorge Velez, Guadalajara, Mexico.

View Jorge Velez's profile

Jorge Velez

View Ripthorn's profile

Ripthorn

I have this same system and like it very much. It certainly does allow those of us with small compressors an affordable way to hvlp.

-- Brian T. - Exact science is not an exact science

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

Had one for about a year. So far so good. Sprayed some lacquer the other day. Got just a little orange peel. Added some thinner and fixed it. So far I only have used the smallest nozzle. Sprayed lacquer, milk paint, acrylic, and shellac. Already have gotten my money’s worth from this sprayer.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

You may have talked me into buying one of these. I don’t need one, but that was a powerfully motivating review!

Thanks for posting!
-Jim, aka “Stumpy Nubs”
Latest episode of Blue Collar Woodworking is now online!

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

1001 posts in 2070 days

bought one used like new i guess 2 years ago now. since i don’t have the $400+ for the earlex system, this one comes in a strong second. i really like the enclosure idea. shall borrow it for future reference.

-- God is Great, Wood is Good. nuff said.

View Jeremy Greiner's profile

Jeremy Greiner

This is the same system that harbor freight sells for less, and you can use a 20% sales coupon.

Harbor freight doesn’t sell the extra cups though, so I did have to buy them from rockler.

I have had a lot of luck with it, I think it’s a great machine.

-- Easy to use end grain cutting board designer: http://www.1024studios.com/cuttingboard.html