More Than A "Whittle" Fun

Review by MsDebbieP posted 03-20-2012 09:36 AM 2095 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
More Than A "Whittle" Fun No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This review is from the March 2012 issue of our LJ eMag

Fox Chapel Publishing is donating another book for a free draw! (See below for details)

The Big Book of Whittle Fun by Chris Lubkemann is a little “big book” filled with a “wot of whittlin’ fun”. Small in stature (a great size for taking with you when planning on doing a little whittling) but big in content!

This book has over thirty projects and is an inspiration for many more.
  • Games – check
  • Jewelry – check
  • Household items – check
  • fun – check

and technique: also check.
The first of the book provides tips on knives, sharpening and honing, and modifying the knife if needed. It also talks about the three main whittling strokes used and different types of wood. Some projects do “cheat” a little and use a drill or Dremel-type tool but that’s fine with me.

Now all i have to do is go outside and find myself a twig or a branch so I can start whittlin’ away!

Two thumbs up for this book.
Maybe we’ll have a little whittlin contest at our Get-together in September!

WIN A FREE BOOK

One random draw winner will receive a copy of the book.
To enter your name in the draw, click here and answer the two easy questions.
Deadline: April 10, 2012

Another big thank-you to Fox Chapel Publishing for their continued donation of books for free draws here at LumberJocks.com.

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View MsDebbieP's profile