wixey digital angle cube

Review by jpatte posted 03-18-2012 11:11 PM 2953 views 0 times favorited 29 comments Add to Favorites Watch
wixey digital angle cube No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this product because I was tired of assuming that the bevel scale on my table saw was correct. I was shocked to see just how bad it really was. All in all I’m impressed with the product, it has one job and it does it well. The only thing I have found is that when it gets cold, for instance when it sits in an unheated shop, it doesn’t always read true. This is easily fixed by zeroing it out on the table and checking the blade bevel again.

-- Jason- superior twp, MI

View jpatte's profile

jpatte

View bigkev's profile

bigkev

#1 posted 03-18-2012 11:41 PM

I have had the same one for about 9 months now. I hope you have some extra batteries because it seems like every time I try to use it the battery is dead.

-- Kevin, South Carolina

View jpatte's profile

jpatte

#2 posted 03-18-2012 11:43 PM

It came with an extra luckily, haven’t really used enough to kill the battery though

-- Jason- superior twp, MI

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

#3 posted 03-19-2012 02:01 AM

I love mine and haven’t had the battery issues others talk about. Mine lives in a heated shop and I always remember to turn it off so I’m hoping it’s a keeper. Batteries shouldn’t cost much huh? Probably a WalMart item?

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View ajosephg's profile

ajosephg

#4 posted 03-19-2012 02:16 AM

I have one also, and have found that if you’re not going to use it for awhile, it’s a good idea to remove the batteries because they will run down even when it is not in use.

-- Joe

View SugarbeatCo's profile

SugarbeatCo

#5 posted 03-19-2012 02:17 AM

I hear they work great but burn through batteries. I also hear the trick is to pull the little battery tray out just a touch until next use. Just ordered one it gets here tomorrow.

-- Always one more tool away from being an excellent woodworker...

#6 posted 03-19-2012 02:21 AM

Have one for well over a year, love it, does just what it is supposed to do. Obtained while on sale at Woodcraft. I would recommend to anyone.

-- Norman

View Fuzzy's profile

Fuzzy

#7 posted 03-19-2012 02:37 AM

Had one … ate batteries like they were an addiction … it died just out of warranty … Barry refused any help … threw it out … bought a BEALL TILT BOX … never looked back.

-- - dabbling in sarcasm is foolish … if you’re not proficient at it, you end up looking stupid … ... ...

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

#8 posted 03-19-2012 03:05 AM

My wife just stole my spare battery for her garage door opener so they must be a fairly common item.

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View dakremer's profile

dakremer

#9 posted 03-19-2012 04:37 AM

I’ve had this same one for over a year. Haven’t changed the batteries yet!

-- Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!!!!

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

624 posts in 1961 days

#10 posted 03-19-2012 01:16 PM

No shop should be without this great little tool!

-- Rustfever, Central California

View MakerofSawdust's profile

MakerofSawdust

#11 posted 03-19-2012 07:19 PM

I also had to change the battery every time I used it. I then resorted to removing the battery each time. Other than that, it’s been great.

-- - Kevin from Cincinnati. All my work is guaranteed: Three minutes or three feet; whichever comes first.

View Eric_Somerville's profile

Eric_Somerville

#12 posted 03-19-2012 10:33 PM

Anyone verify the accuracy of this?

-- EDS

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#13 posted 03-19-2012 10:48 PM

Can’t verify the accuracy of these because each one may be slightly different and also the heat and humidity effects them. Having said that, I have verified the accuracy of the unit that i have against calibrated squares and it’s 100%. the first one i had was always off. I do keep the battery taped to the outside.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Rob Drown's profile

Rob Drown

#14 posted 03-19-2012 11:15 PM

had one for over two years, very accurate and on first bat. my digital caliper is another story

-- The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. Confucius, 经过艰苦的努力的梦想可以成真

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#15 posted 03-19-2012 11:23 PM

I have one as well, battery lasted about a year. I would keep a few batteries around in case.

They are easy to verify on a good square. Mine was perfect at 90 and 45 degrees. These are also useful to get the bandsaw table dialed in 90 degrees to the blade. I also use it to occasionaly check the miter saw and jointer.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle