Grizzly G0715P Table Saw

Review by Paul posted 03-10-2012 03:50 AM 12039 views 3 times favorited 27 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0715P Table Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

And so it starts…..

Hello Folks! Paul here with my first review post. I plan to update this post after a year of experience with it, so this is my “Initial Thoughts/Feelings” review. :)

After a long while (5+ months) of investigating what Table Saw to purchase, I finally decided on the Grizzly G0715P.

Now don’t get me wrong I read MANY of the reviews here and at other sites, and most all of them were not so stellar, but some were very good. I believe most of the badness had to do with run out issues when the blade was raised to its topmost position. However, when people had those issues, Grizzlies Customer Service took care of everything and people looked to be not left with a “Sour taste in the mouth”. I decided to give it a go,because what could I loose other than time :)

Ordering :
Really easy and delivery was a snap. The driver even helped me get it into my garage! Score!

Assembly: The manual was awesome for a new woodworker like myself. Surprisingly I almost felt like it was too easy. The wings went on great and were dead flat with the rest of the table.. I cant even get 2 pieces of notebook paper under the straightedge I was using. The fence rails and fence went on smooth as well. There was only a bit of adjustment needed to bring the fence flat to the top and square to the miter slot. Then I got to the blade and the miter slot. So you can guess I was a little scared about what my results were going to be. I was not however expecting the results I got.

Here are the pics, and am I reading this right?? Is that a .001” difference from the front to the back of the blade? I was REALLY not expecting it to be that close, especially out of the box! I am pretty sure this is “Within tolerances” hehe. (please correct me if I am wrong here lol)

Front of the saw from a mark on the blade

Back of the saw from same mark

Final thoughts.
I am happy so far! Everything is smooth sailing :)

#1 posted 03-10-2012 03:53 AM

Sounds good so far congrats.

-- Custom furniture

View tomd's profile

1951 posts in 2857 days

#2 posted 03-10-2012 04:43 AM

Thanks for all the info, good luck with you new saw. Maybe give a review after only 6 months.

-- Tom D

View longgone's profile

#3 posted 03-10-2012 04:47 AM

I think you have a quite good saw for the prive/value. I have a Grizzly Hybird saw that is about 5 years old GO470 and it has been an accurate and dependable saw. I did, however, replace the fence with a Incra LS system. When I bought my saw I paid around $595. I don’t know what the price is now but it has been a workhorse for the money.

View gillyd's profile

#4 posted 03-10-2012 12:38 PM

Glad to hear you are having success with it. I was one of those who had issues with the blade changing its runout as you lowered/raised the blade, its too bad because I liked the saw. Have fun with it! :)

View crashn's profile

#5 posted 03-10-2012 05:17 PM

Great purchase. I have had mine about 10 months and Love it. Note: after about 1 or 2 hours of use, check the belt tightness, mine had worn in and developed some slack. Easy enough to tighten and have not had the issue since. I have run it on 110 and 220, both provide plenty of power !

-- Crashn - the only thing I make more of than sawdust is mistakes

#6 posted 03-10-2012 06:12 PM

Nice review, I’m currently looking at a grizzly TS as well. Enjoy!

5086 posts in 2091 days

#7 posted 03-10-2012 06:33 PM

Great machine, now you have no reason not to start those projects

-- Norman

View robdem's profile

#8 posted 03-11-2012 01:04 AM

paul I have the same saw bought it last summer works great. Saw cuts every thing I have thrown at 3 inch maple walnut paduok and bubinga .

View gfadvm's profile

#9 posted 03-11-2012 01:57 AM

I agree with your assessment. I’ve had mine for 13 months and I’m still in love!

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

#10 posted 03-11-2012 02:18 AM

Thanks for the replys folks :) I got to take her for a spin through some 2 by material and she cuts beautiful!

View Sorethumbs's profile

#11 posted 03-12-2012 04:55 PM

I’m also considering getting this saw. Are you getting the same amount blade deviation at all blade heights? In the pictures it looks like the blade is at full height, are you still getting .001 at the lowest measurable height too?

#12 posted 03-13-2012 08:22 PM

I just got done switching out the Dado blade and decided to check it out for you

At full height I was getting the .001 deviation
As I went down in half inch increments the deviation was no more than .001 or .0015

Looks groovy to me :)

View KPW's profile

#13 posted 03-13-2012 09:35 PM

That’s great Paul. I think I just found my new table saw. Was flirting with buying the Craftsman 21833 or the Rigid 4512 but with all the talk about the misalignments I’m a little scared. $300 more and I can get this beauty. Now to convince the BOSS. She’stuff.

-- Ken --------- never try and put 5 lbs. of tenon in a 3 lb. mortise.

View Paul Ciura's profile

Paul Ciura

19 posts in 2080 days

#14 posted 03-15-2012 08:33 PM

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this saw this weekend. Wish me luck. Thanks for the review Paul!

-- Paul Ciura (Tampa, FL)

View chrisstef's profile (online now)

13581 posts in 2093 days

#15 posted 03-15-2012 08:35 PM

chalk me up to another guy with this saw in my sights … thanks for the review

-- "there aren’t many hand tools as awe-inspiring as the #8 jointer. I mean, it just reeks of cast iron heft and hubris" - Smitty