Rockler corner caster - errr corner STOP blocks

Review by ken_c posted 03-09-2012 03:43 AM 1543 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler corner caster - errr corner STOP blocks No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well I guess you get what you pay for. AT $16 one shouldn’t complain much but placed and a some what light cabinet you would think that they would work just a little better than they do. I got them because that would fit my application but I didn’t expect them to be as bad as they are. I can barely move the router table with them installed. I think that they are just torquing under and rubbing but the way they are made there isn’t much that could be done . Time to re-think…

View ken_c's profile

ken_c

267 posts in 1907 days

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#1 posted 03-09-2012 03:56 AM

I bet Rockler would let you return them

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View RussellAP's profile

RussellAP

#2 posted 03-09-2012 04:10 AM

HF has some casters that just screw on the bottom. They’re blue, works good enough on my BS.

-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.

View Howie's profile

Howie

#3 posted 03-09-2012 08:13 AM

I use a lot of HF casters. Cheap and never had a problem.

-- Life is good.

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#4 posted 03-09-2012 11:58 AM

And.. I have a mantra… after using lots of different casters. Anything under 4” wheels will be stopped by an extension cord or a thick lump of wood shavings, not to mention a small wood chip. 4” or greater seems to ride up over a lot of stuff. The bigger the better.

#5 posted 03-10-2012 04:14 AM

Larger wheels are the best for the reason previously stated

-- Norman