Remote Control Switch

Review by dustyal posted 03-02-2012 07:51 PM 1940 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Remote Control Switch No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I paid $21 for this Stanley Remote Control Power Hub. I rated it 4 stars because the remote sender has a four position channel selector while the receiver outlet head is preset at the factory to a channel number label on the back of the unit. So, you can only set for one channel. Having said that it does not interfere with my Lone Ranger III unit.

It is rated at 15 amp and 1875 watts. That is sufficient to run my vacs at least. It says it will broadcast up to 100 feet… I tested at 25 feet direct line of sight and it worked fine. I didn’t need any more. Also, the transmittter has a telescoping antenna that seemed old school. You may have to extend it to get more distance… I didn’t need to for my application.

Overall I thought it a decent buy and would recommend. I don’t think it is on par with the more expensive Lone Ranger III but I will eventually test it by running my router and vac together.

The Lone Ranger III only has one receptacle while this Stanley unit has three so the Stanley may be the more convenient if you want to run two lighter duty tools simultaneously. Basically I think it was originally designed to control Christmas lighting.

Amazon has the unit for $18.75.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#1 posted 03-02-2012 10:43 PM

Great Al. I was wondering if you bought it locally.

That should work great for a vacuum and a sander. Use the remote to turn them on and off.

View Milo's profile

Milo

862 posts in 2073 days

#2 posted 03-02-2012 11:46 PM

My wife got me this for Christmas. I LOVE it. I have my air handler and ceiling air filter hooked up and love the convenience.

Highly recommended.

-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#3 posted 03-03-2012 01:21 AM

Karson, I got it at the Black and Decker Outlet on route 1. Even those this switch was Stanley, it was not eligible for their 20% off $20 purchase of Stanley tools and hardware… ugh.

I wanted to stop in at the Direct Tools Factory Outlet next door to use that 20% coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket… but I got nothing there.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View clieb91's profile

clieb91

#4 posted 03-03-2012 11:57 AM

Thanks for the post Al, I have been looking for a smaller switch for my vacuum or dust collector. This may be just the ticket.

CtL

-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)

View Milo's profile

Milo

862 posts in 2073 days

#5 posted 03-05-2012 05:03 PM

Just to add, I keep the key fob attached to my table saw fence handle for easy access and so I won’t loose it.

View Duane Fisher's profile

Duane Fisher

#6 posted 03-05-2012 11:53 PM

thanks al i have been looking for one with bigger amps i will check in to it