MLCS Laser gouded router plate #9098

Review by Pete_Jud posted 901 days ago 2301 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
MLCS Laser gouded router plate #9098 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Received this today, and mounted it up to a PC 690 D handle router. It’s kind of one of my “go to” routers in the shop. It was thicker than I expected, with a larger hole to be able to use larger bits than the Rockler clear insert that I had been using on this router, so it will not be able to use standard PC insert guides, and that”s ok with me as I have other plates to use. The laser was “dead nuts” on using a 45 V grove bit, But the feature I like the most are the 2 White LED’s, they light up the cutting area very well. The Left hand handle is angled at a very comfortable and useful position for flush trimming and other bearing operations. From the instructions It seems to be pre-drilled to fit a number of other routers. This was on “sale” last week for 45 bucks with free shipping, and for me no sales tax, so a good value for what I have seen so far.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

”not be able to use standard PC insert guides”

If you’re using an ”insert guide” , there’s no need for the laser or the lights. : )
I’ve been looking at one of these , but keep wondering how long it will take to get gummed up or otherwise block the lights or laser cross hairs.
Let us know after you use it for a couple months or so if any problems.
Thanks and have a great weekend : )

112008 posts in 2201 days

Thanks for the Review ,I thought about getting one when they where on sale too, I think I might have if I knew they had LED lights.

View steffen707's profile

steffen707

did you buy it right from MLCS? its $60 now from their site.

-- If you think it will take a week and cost $100, it will take a month and cost $400.

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

MLCS sent me an email ad a week and a half ago, with it on special for 45 bucks. I am on their email mailing list, and it seems that they send me a “special deal” every week or so. It might have been a coupon but can’t be sure, as I have deleted the ad, and can’t recall.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

Wonderful tool purchase