Creative, Beautiful, and Practical!

Review by MsDebbieP posted 02-16-2012 10:09 AM 2506 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Creative, Beautiful, and Practical! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This review is from the February 2012 issue of our LJ eMag

Fox Chapel Publishing is donating another book for a free draw! (See below for details)
Creative Wooden Boxes from the Scroll Saw

This book is up in the top 10 of my favourite woodworking books!!

The projects are so, well, creative!! Imagine a box that looks like a pie, yes, a good ol’ apple pie! And not only is it cute as “pie” but useful too, it is a box, remember. AND if you are handy with the scroll saw well, I’m sure the projects would be as easy as “pie” as well, given the in-depth instructions and photos.

Besides the boxes that look like food, we also have boxes with bows, boxes with hinges and boxes that look like furniture!! The variety of projects (over two dozen, actually), and the creativity, is, to me, over the top extraordinary.

I love this book!
Creative ideas.
Beautiful creations.
Practical projects.

My Ratings of The Book
Layout and Appearance: Good balance of photos, how-to instructions, projects. Thumbs Up!
Instructions: Clear information and instructions Thumbs Up!
Projects Selection: A wide variety of projects, simple to complex. Great.
Inspiration: Oh how I wish I was a better scrollsaw-er! I want to make that pie.
Overall: Thumbs Up!

WIN A FREE BOOK

One random draw winner will receive a copy of the book.
To enter your name in the draw, click here and answer the two easy questions.
Deadline: March 10, 2012

Another big thank-you to Fox Chapel Publishing for their continued donation of books for free draws here at LumberJocks.com.

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

View Roger's profile

#1 posted 02-16-2012 01:06 PM

I’m not really a scroller, but, I like sponging up info about anything. I probably won’t remember much, but, I’d like to keep trying to remember. :)

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View joej's profile

joej

#2 posted 02-16-2012 02:34 PM

Funny—it has 192 pages, but that is not one of the 3 choices in the “click here and answer 2 easy questions”

:-(

—joe

View rance's profile

rance

4149 posts in 1914 days

#3 posted 02-16-2012 04:58 PM

Looks like a nice book. I’m looking for some creative scrolling books.

-- Backer boards, stop blocks, build oversized, and never buy a hand plane--