Variable Speed Multi Tool

Review by Raymond posted 916 days ago 5101 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Variable Speed Multi Tool Variable Speed Multi Tool No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Another Menards find the other day the Performax Shockwave 2.5 amp variable speed multi tool. 29.99 regularly almost 79.99. This is a 57 piece kit with 3 grits of hook and loop sand paper, (9) of each grit. It comes with 2 flexible scrapers, a wood and drywall blade, a half round wood and drywall bade a ¾ inch wood and metal blade a larger ridged scraper blade and another half round wood and drywall blade and a 1 ¼ wood blade. Other blades are available and there is an adapter to use Dremel blades and accessories. It has a 2.8 degree oscillation and variable speed. The cordless version is 24.99 and I am thinking of picking that up as well. I have tried all the attachments that came with it, it cuts, sands grinds, makes holes and a bunch of other stuff. This is a really cool tool, It’s not too noisy and easy to hold with limited vibration. I believe I could use this for extended periods of time without any issues. Also not to heavy. Changing from tool to tool is done with an allen wrench that stores on the cord near the base of the tool. I believe it’s well worth the 29.99. Give it a look at Menards.

-- Ray

View Raymond's profile

Raymond

View TomFran's profile

TomFran

Looks like you got a real deal here, Ray. Nice.

-- Tom, Surfside Beach, SC - Romans 8:28

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

I have one of these too. Great tool. Thanks for posting!

-Jim; aka “Stumpy Nubs”
Blue Collar Woodworking? That show changed my life! ”- The Hampton Roadie

View steffen707's profile

steffen707

I have the rockwell variable speed multi tool and I absolutely love it. I’m sure this performs very similarly, and reviews I have read indicate its not so much the brand of oscilating tool you get, its the quality of the attachments you use that dictates how well it performs.

I had to notch my subfloor for installing jack studs when I put in a 14 foot header this winter, cut the bottom of some door frames for new hardwood flooring, cut out electrical box holes in my wall (2 sheets of wood paneling on top of lath and plaster and super old saw dust and wood chip insulation).

I”t has performed flawlessly as a tool for me. Again I don’t have the performax one, but just the nature of how these tools works can be an awesome addition to anybodies tool set.

-- If you think it will take a week and cost $100, it will take a month and cost $400.