Rockler Workbench Caster Set

Review by redryder posted 888 days ago 5658 views 1 time favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler Workbench Caster Set Rockler Workbench Caster Set Rockler Workbench Caster Set Click the pictures to enlarge them

I built this workbench about two years ago. It has three sheets of 3/4” MDF on top and four full extension drawers full of this and that. The workbench probably weights close to 250 pounds. I gave up long ago trying to move it. I saw this caster set advertised in the latest Rockler circular and thought I would give it a try.

Everything was super easy to install with all screws, nuts and lock washers provided.

This allows you to maneuver your heavy work bench with ease. This set of four easy-spin 2-3/8’’ urethane casters feature a foot-activated lift mechanism that engages or disengages with the touch of your toe. You can engage them to lift your bench 3/4’’ off the floor for mobility, disengage them for stability. Each caster is constructed of durable steel and rated for 100 lbs. —that’s 400 lbs. of total capacity with the 4-pc. set! It includes all mounting screws, nuts and lock washers for easy installation.

My workbench now rolls easly with one hand to anywhere in the shop. I can now sweep behind and under as well as get all those pencils that end up behind the workbench. I also now have the flexibility to easily reposition this work surface to allow for a larger footprint for glueups or painting. I still have levelers under each leg because my concrete floor hates me.

If you are looking for an easy way to move those bulky wooden cabinets or benches, this may be for you. A very sturdy product for $74.99 for a set of four….................

-- mike...............

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

Good review.

I need a set, or twelve, of these!

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procratination a bad thing?

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

Thanks for the review, I may have to get a set of those… and that’s a nice bench!

-Jim; aka “Stumpy Nubs”
Blue Collar Woodworking? That's the best show since wood was invented! ”- The Eastern Northwest Southerner’s Journal

View Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor's profile

Greg The Cajun Box Sculptor

4928 posts in 1904 days

I bought a set of these a while back and I also really like them. I have 36”x96” worktable that sits behind my table saw and doubles as an outfeed table. These wheels make it really easy to move the table around as necessary.
They are overpriced but the work well.

-- Every step of each project is considered my masterpiece because I want the finished product to reflect the quality of my work.

View mrpedal's profile

mrpedal

2c: , been getting rockler ads (both online emails and in-store flyers) lately advertising 20% off for one item. Just got the set yesterday, so no review yet. Look good though

View wncguy's profile

wncguy

redryder – appreciate the review, once I get my planned purchase of Grizzly cabinet saw, I want to make a solid mobile out feed table that will also be workbench &/or assemble table. I’m curious if your bench was designed from scratch or from some plan? I like the details (down to pencil sharpener), but wouldn’t need as many drawers.
Thanks!

-- Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

COOL review!

COOL bench!

I will watch them…

Nice work bench, I am sure a lot of wonderful projects will come off it

-- Norman

View KOVA's profile

KOVA

MUY BUENA COMPRA MIKE ;-)

-- KOVA, EL CARPINTERO DEL PUEBLO https://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Carpintero-Del-Pueblo/148976618479733

View redryder's profile

redryder

wncguy: my bench was straight from the Kreg Jig video on Utube. My first go at the pocket holes. The bench came out more solid than I expected. This was to be an outfeed table for my old Craftsman table saw. The original plans called for an open shelf on the bottom. After starring at it for while and needing more hide away storage, I decided to give the drawers a go. My first attempt at drawers which I suffered thru. My hats off to furniture builders. The drawer handles are closet rods from Home Depot. The casters do work great and if a person could get a break on the price, that would be great too…...........

-- mike...............

View clieb91's profile

clieb91

Thanks for the review. I saw these note in an article recently and had wondered about them. I just rearranged my shop and was thinking about getting a set for bench so I can rotate it out from the wall when I need the additional work space from 3 sides.
Should be near a Rockler in a few weeks, I’ll try to find one of those coupons.
CtL

-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)

View wncguy's profile

wncguy

redryder – thanks for the bench info on the video, I’ll check it out.

-- Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad

View eddie's profile

eddie

nice review could use those too thanks really nice bench like the pulls on the drawers and the pencil sharpener that’ll be helpful

-- Jesus Is Alright with me

View plantek's profile

plantek

Nice to hear the positive review.
My order of the set will arrive this week. I needed a set for my lathe. I share the garage with my wife’s car (non negotiable) and need to keep every thing on wheels. This set will allow me to keep the lathe at the working height that it is and still move it when needed. I’m looking forward to it.
That’s a nice looking bench you have there as well.

Thanks for posting.

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3578 posts in 1963 days

I have been buying all of my caster from caster city. The last set I bought were 4” aluminum wheel, with blue poly tires, 2 total locking, and 2 non locking for a of cost $72.00. These were rated at 300lbs each. I like the total locking mechanism since there is virtually no movement when locked. They look very similar to the Rocker product # 37138.

I used the on a roll away tool cabinet and they work like a charm!

Castercity ........... A good reference web site too!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"