Online Shopping

Review by Phil53 posted 02-09-2012 03:25 PM 2027 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Online Shopping No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I know this is not a tool but it is somewhere we can get certain tools to make our woodworking experience better.

I have recently made a couple of online purchases for sharpening. I had to make returns to two of the shops and I would like to give them both 5 stars for their NO HASSLE return. I am always leery of shopping online because you never know who you are dealing with.

One of the purchases I made had a flaw in the product and the other was just a bad product. At this point I don’t think it matters which is which because the service was great on both.

The Shops were and

View Phil53's profile

View DIYaholic's profile

#1 posted 02-09-2012 07:42 PM

I, too, am leery of online purchases. For two main reasons;
  1. Who are you dealing with (like you said), Reputable, reliable, returnable
  2. Tangibility Factor; I need to feel, physically evaluate, try out/on the merchandise

So, I make sure to read reviews (from many sources), of the item &/or Merchant in question. I even check out merchandise locally, even if I plan to by online. I can then make informed purchase decisions

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procrastination a bad thing?

View Bagtown's profile

#2 posted 02-09-2012 11:16 PM

That’s why I like Lee Valley. Best customer service ever.

-- Mike - In Fort McMurray Alberta