Worx just works

Review by Nighthawk posted 903 days ago 2957 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Worx just works Worx just works Worx just works Click the pictures to enlarge them
  • Power Input: 1800W
  • Guide: Laser
  • Retailer: Mitre10 Mega (NZ) Ltd
  • Price: $399.00 NZD

Bought 2nd July 2011
I simply can not flaw this machine. I have been able to do everything I want and it has performed a superbly. Now yes, it could be a bigger blade, bigger angles and longer travel, but the price difference was over the moon. WORX brand are classed as a serious DIY and boarderline trade and many trademan are now starting use many of the WORX brand tools. I have used this machine on 90 per-cent of my projects.

I have a few of the Worx brand tools in my basement now including the; Mitre saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, and angle grinder, and I am starting to like the brand. Now I have also been pleasently suprised, that it cuts square, and the mitres are actuallys 45 degree, as is the the bevel. The factory markings are on the dot which is good to see considering the price.

The guard mechinisum is good, and does not interfere with any cutting (so far). The laser guide is adjustable but I have not needed to alter it from factory setting. Another thing I like is the brushes are easily changed if required. Comes with a standard 2 year warranty and if you register it online, the warranty is upgraded to 4 years.

The 1800 watt motor gives heaps of grunt and is actually bigger than the others in its class including the DeWalt with only 1600 watts. I have cut a few big beams with this saw (and having to cut 1/2 way and rolling it over to cut the rest) and it handled that no problem at all and basically looked at me and said ”is that all you got… pffft…”.

It has all the normal bits and going ons you expect from a mitre saw. Overali this for the price is an awesome saw. The only reason I would consider an upgrade from this is for the bigger cut depth… Now on saying that I have had my eye on one of the Bosch saws at my local…

Photo’s are just after I got it and just after we moved in to our house… place is a mess… sheese

Regards
Nighthawk

-- Rome wasn't built in a day... but I wasn't on that job? ... http://www.wackywoodworks.co.nz

View Nighthawk's profile

View cloakie1's profile

cloakie1

i’m pleased to see that you are getting a good run out of your saw with this brand…i bought a router from the same establishmentand of the same brand and to be honest i would never touch another one…the collet won’t let go when i want to change bits…small depth of plunge as well….i have taken it back to have the collet fixed and it came back worse and the fine adjustment screw packed up as well….worx for me is out of the question now because of it…i did like the pricing on them as well but in my case i got what i paid for!!

-- just get stuck in and have a go!!!

View 308Gap's profile

308Gap

Ok the saw is cool but give us more pics of that basement. You have a silence of the lambs thing going on.

-- Thank You Veterans!

View jeff's profile

jeff

634 posts in 2068 days

glad you like your saw…thx for the review.

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View Nighthawk's profile

Nighthawk

cloakie1 that is a bummer… I also have the belt sander, jigsaw and angle grinder... all have been put through the passes, the belt sander especially from doing our kitchen floor to using to smooth off rough sawn timber

I am not saying they are perfect either just that, I guess I have been lucky and I am looking at the finishing sander as rotary sanders to replace my aging Roybi’s.

I was looking at the the Router, but I ended up going for the Bosch POF 1200 AE router, and well I am not really happy with it and will look at another one later on… The plunge is not as smooth as I had hoped, making hard to adjust especially when in table, the lock for the plunger is not the best and can slip, you can’t lock the power switch on for router table (I have to have a velcro strap) and depth gague is not that great, and a few other things…

BUt knowing what you just said about the router… I may look at another brand… :-)

View cloakie1's profile

cloakie1

good point about the switch as well….i use a pair of vicegrips on mine…or some electrical tape….plunge is no good either…..i reckon hitachi is the way to go for a router….my fav is an old tr12…and they still fetch good money unfortunatly…or i would have a couple of them

-- just get stuck in and have a go!!!