Good Quality Jointer/Planer Blades

Review by tenontim posted 03-08-2008 04:32 PM 3423 views 8 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Quality Jointer/Planer Blades No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I use my planer and jointer constantly and I try to keep a sharp set of blades in each one. A couple of years ago I found Global Tooling, http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/index.html on the internet, and couldn’t believe the prices they got for their blades. I thought that even if they were just throw aways, it would be worth the test run. “Knives are made from T1-High Speed Steel (18% Tungsten steel), 63 Rc hardened and finish ground to super sharp edge. Also offered Carbide tipped for 10 times the tool life.” These blades have lasted longer than the original equipment blades that came on the machines. Check out their site and see if they have your application.

View tenontim's profile

tenontim

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#1 posted 03-08-2008 04:35 PM

those are good prices. ill be sure to check it out when i get a planer. thanks for the post.

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

#2 posted 03-08-2008 07:58 PM

Good information – thanks for sharing it.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View ChicoWoodnut's profile

ChicoWoodnut

#3 posted 03-09-2008 06:28 PM

After the project I am working on now, I might just be up for a new set of Planer and jointer knives. These guys look like a great supplier.

Thanks for the tip!

-- Scott - Chico California http://chicowoodnut.home.comcast.net

#4 posted 03-09-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks for the tip. I bookmark them. I could use new blades in both of mine as well.

View etivancic's profile

etivancic

#5 posted 03-10-2008 11:25 AM

Just ordered two sets of jointer knives for an older Delta/Rockwell 6” Jointer I’m rebuilding. Can’t wait to try ‘em out. THANKS

View Kevin's profile

Kevin

#6 posted 03-10-2008 05:11 PM

Thanks for the site. I need new blades for my 6” Jet jointer.
The Dewalt planer could use some spares too I bet.

-- Kevin, Wichita, Kansas

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

#7 posted 03-10-2008 07:03 PM

I’ll have to keep them in mind. Thanks

View TheHarr's profile

TheHarr

#8 posted 09-19-2008 05:07 AM

I checked out the site.
I was impressed.
Thanks a bunch, for the advise.

-- The wood is good.