Good Quality Jointer/Planer Blades

Review by tenontim posted 2355 days ago 3297 views 8 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Quality Jointer/Planer Blades No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I use my planer and jointer constantly and I try to keep a sharp set of blades in each one. A couple of years ago I found Global Tooling, http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/index.html on the internet, and couldn’t believe the prices they got for their blades. I thought that even if they were just throw aways, it would be worth the test run. “Knives are made from T1-High Speed Steel (18% Tungsten steel), 63 Rc hardened and finish ground to super sharp edge. Also offered Carbide tipped for 10 times the tool life.” These blades have lasted longer than the original equipment blades that came on the machines. Check out their site and see if they have your application.

View tenontim's profile

tenontim

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

those are good prices. ill be sure to check it out when i get a planer. thanks for the post.

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

Good information – thanks for sharing it.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View ChicoWoodnut's profile

ChicoWoodnut

After the project I am working on now, I might just be up for a new set of Planer and jointer knives. These guys look like a great supplier.

Thanks for the tip!

-- Scott - Chico California http://chicowoodnut.home.comcast.net

Thanks for the tip. I bookmark them. I could use new blades in both of mine as well.

View etivancic's profile

etivancic

Just ordered two sets of jointer knives for an older Delta/Rockwell 6” Jointer I’m rebuilding. Can’t wait to try ‘em out. THANKS

View Kevin's profile

Kevin

Thanks for the site. I need new blades for my 6” Jet jointer.
The Dewalt planer could use some spares too I bet.

-- Kevin, Wichita, Kansas

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

I’ll have to keep them in mind. Thanks

View TheHarr's profile

TheHarr

I checked out the site.
I was impressed.
Thanks a bunch, for the advise.

-- The wood is good.