Super Shop Geek Saftey Gear

Review by newplane posted 896 days ago 1941 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Super Shop Geek Saftey Gear Super Shop Geek Saftey Gear No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My old shop glasses had about a million scratches (and half as many layers of some finish) on them and were a nuisance to work with. There were so many times I would forgo proper eye safety so that I could just see what I was doing. (don’t judge me Norm) When I was looking for a light for my bandsaw I saw these amazing 007 geek-squad safety ringers, and I knew that I could toss the old jalopy specs. I tell you what friends they are awesome! Wearing them in the shop I forgot that I had them on, they feel like sunglasses. And to have the ability to turn on light from my head is AWESOME! Not simply for the fact that I have light on the sides of my cranium, but for the fact that I can see those pesky dropped screws and bolts better, I can see under my bandsaw table when adjusting the guide blocks, and of course just having more light when I am making critical cuts on any equipment. Definitely a good buy chaps….

P.S. FYI Carter 14in Bandsaw inserts fit the Porter Cable bandsaw perfectly. Ohh Carters bandsaw spring fits as well.

-- Dont just dream it, get up and live it!

View newplane's profile

newplane

View Wintersedge's profile

Wintersedge

The Porter Cable is a great band saw, especially if you got it with a coupon at Lowes.

-- Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.

View newplane's profile

newplane

I would have to agree friend! I have owned a couple of different BS in my day and this one is just as good as any of the others. And you can tune/adjust this baby to make it sing golden sawdust melody all day long.

-- Dont just dream it, get up and live it!

View stefang's profile

stefang

12428 posts in 1921 days

These specs look great. I got something similar that attach to regular glasses at Christmas. I haven’t used them yet, but plan to soon.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.