18 inch monster.

Review by Ken90712 posted 01-30-2012 01:24 AM 7784 views 1 time favorited 35 comments Add to Favorites Watch
18 inch monster. 18 inch monster. 18 inch monster. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well Dec was a good month; Blondie gave the approval for me to buy more machines… LOL… I picked up the Delta 18/36 Drum Sander & now this Delta 18 drill press.

The box was in great condition, and they brought it into the garage for me. . I also ordered the Biesemeyer fence for her as well.

Blondie and I had it together in less than an hour. The only hard part was lifting the head on to the shaft. Once she told me to quit being a whip and lift it, we got it on the 2nd time… LOL I’m so glad she is a strong German Farm Girl and not just a pretty face :>)’

I have now used this machine for over 3 weeks, man what a great machine. Why someone did not think of the belt tension speed adjustment before this, is beyond me. Changing speeds is a dream! It was this one, or the 18 inch Powermatic. Some reviews I read, there were complaints on the speed adjustment’s with PM so I went with Delta and its American made. Ohh and it looks good next to the drum sander.. LOL

Anyone thinking of this machine you will not be disappointed!

View degoose's profile

degoose

#1 posted 01-30-2012 01:30 AM

NOICE

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

#2 posted 01-30-2012 01:33 AM

Wow that’s a beauty.

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

#3 posted 01-30-2012 01:44 AM

That is once NICE drill press!

Should last a lifetime!

Nice going.

View DonH's profile

DonH

#4 posted 01-30-2012 02:28 AM

Hi Ken

Great choice – I have had one of these machines for over a year and I am sure you will not be disapointed.

Great buy!!

Don

-- DonH Orleans Ontario

View jim C's profile

jim C

#5 posted 01-30-2012 02:30 AM

Can I see more of Blondie?
And oh ya, the new machine!

LOL

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

#6 posted 01-30-2012 02:32 AM

Very nice – I am sure that you will be happy for the rest of your life.

Oh, that looks like a great drill press you have there too.

-- “And the products of wealth push you along on the bow wave of their spiritless undying selves.” ― I. Anderson

View lew's profile

lew

#7 posted 01-30-2012 02:38 AM

Wow, Ken! It almost touches the ceiling. I foresee a bigger shop on the horizon!

Lew

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View JL7's profile

JL7

#8 posted 01-30-2012 02:41 AM

Ken – nice score! Good for you!

Jeff

-- John H. [To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~Edison]

View Roger's profile

19594 posts in 2198 days

#10 posted 01-30-2012 02:50 AM

thats a fine fine lookin drill press

View Woodmaster1's profile

Woodmaster1

725 posts in 1981 days

#11 posted 01-30-2012 02:57 AM

I bought one in oct. and I love it.

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#12 posted 01-30-2012 03:29 AM

That’s the way to do it!

Nice machine.

You deserve it Man.

Steve

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

#14 posted 01-30-2012 05:41 AM

I’m happy for your new tool collection , Ken, but where’s the review that makes it a 5 star tool , other than the belt tensioning device ?
At least give us a link so we can read the spec’s and see what others are saying about it.
Thanks : )

View Hoakie's profile

Hoakie

#15 posted 01-30-2012 06:11 AM

Dusty,

The best review I found was here

there is an embedded video but hard to spot at first, the link to youtube is here:

-- John H. [To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~Edison]