|Review by AKMECHANIC||posted 01-29-2012 03:54 PM||12754 views||0 times favorited||10 comments|
I purchased this saw at Lowes for $329 a week ago. It has great reviews on Lowes website and a few here.
I will keep this simple. I was very dissatisfied with my purchase and will be taking it back. I only used it for two days. Negatives
1. The table work surface is not flat. I posted a picture of that. The left side of the table outboard of the miter slot slopes off almost 1/8”.
2. The fence lock handle when released gets in the way of the work piece making it very difficult to set up a cut. See picture.
3. The fence head is held down by nothing but tension when locked. When pushing a piece hard against the fence it jumped off destroying my work piece. Even with the tensioner nut very tight the fence will tip or pop off if you push hard at all. I used a clamp on the handle end to finish the job.
4. The little stainless plate near the end of the table insert(throat plate) got caught on my work piece and tore off. It was glued on or stuck on with double sided tape. It seems like it is too high and would keep catching unless ground down.
5. The stand legs are terrible. They might as well have mounted this thing on roller skates because this thing slides all over my garage. It would be ok in the dirt but not on concrete floor. One leg has a rubber foot that screws in and out to level the thing but it pops out of the leg. I had to glue that in during assembly. The other leg has a hard plastic end and some stupid angle. Its like a damn ski !
6. The out-feed support was very loose and kept vibrating out so i tightened the little clamps. These little plastic clamps look like they were never made to be tightened and im sure would break with time.
The saw came with no locking nuts or washers on any of the hardware so it is very easy to take apart when you bring it back.