Foot Switch

Review by Raymond posted 01-25-2012 03:42 AM 1909 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Foot Switch Foot Switch No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I use my rotary tools alot and it can be a pain turning them on and off. I decided a foot switch was what I needed. So off to Menards I go to buy a switch, wire and plugs. When what do i see buy on clearance a 9 ft cord with foot switch for 3.99. It is used to turn on and off Christmas lights with out bending down. Great after reading the package the news got even better it will handle up to 10 amps, perfact for my rotary tools. I plugged the cord into the outlet, my rotary tool into the other end, stepped on the switch, turned on my rotary tool and set the speed I wanted. Now I can turn it on and off with ease and can hold the work in one hand the tool in the other and I don’t have to fumble looking for the on/off switch. I posted a picture of my flexshaft installed on my Black& Decker Roto Zip. The remote on and off works really slick with this tool.

-- Ray

View Raymond's profile

View oldskoolmodder's profile

#1 posted 01-25-2012 04:27 AM

They can be very useful. I have a device similar for my table saw, though obviously made for tablesaw’s.

-- Respect your shop tools and they will respect you - Ric

View wiswood2's profile

#2 posted 01-25-2012 05:36 PM

I use one on my band saw .drill press and all my rotery tools. works great.

-- Chuck, wiswood2