Forrest Woodworker II 40T #1 Grind (flat)

Review by LeeInAZ posted 957 days ago 2907 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Forrest Woodworker II 40T #1 Grind (flat) No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked this up this week and got to use it on a project today. I needed to cut dado’s that were just under 1/4” (the smallest my dado stack will cut) in MDF. I made some test cuts first, and the bottoms were as dead flat as I had hoped.

Here is a photo of a double pass to create a 7/32” dado in both sides of a piece of scrap MDF. The kerf was exactly 1/8” for a single pass. I was very pleased with the quality of the cut. This will be my go-to blade for cutting splines as well. The cost was on par with other Forrest blades ($119) at my local Woodcraft. I own several Forrest blades, and this another quality product from them.

-- Lee - Phoenix, AZ

View LeeInAZ's profile

LeeInAZ

View ShaneA's profile

ShaneA

I have one of these in my “forrest collection” as well. I will say mine does not yield this flat of a cut. Although I have not used it since I sent it to forrest for resharping. The blade cuts well however, just not as flat as what yours is in the pic. Thanks for the review.

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

I’ve never seen a Forrest blade get less than 5 stars in a review. That tells you something about how great those blades are!

Thanks for posting!

-Jim; aka “Stumpy Nubs”
(The greatest woodworking show mankind has ever known is now online!)

View john925's profile

john925

I too have the WW II. However I have the 48 tooth blade. My first cuts where not what I expected but I think my expectations were too high. Since then I wouldn’t trade it for any other! Great blade!

-- John, Brentwood, CA

Welcome to yet Another 5 STAR worthy tool review on Lumberjocks !!

”Just used it for the first time , it was able to cut MDF , and only cost $120.00” !

I brought a used blade to my sharpening service quite a few years ago and had them sharpen the teeth to a Flat Top Grind {FTG} . Still using it today with perfectly flat bottom grooves. Cost was less than $10.00 : )