|Review by Trev_Batstone||posted 707 days ago||10685 views||1 time favorited||16 comments|
- Ryobi 10-inch, folding-stand portable table saw, BTS20
- Brand: Ryobi | Category: Tablesaws
I was definately in need of a new table saw, and I looked at various brands at a few retailers before making my decision. Rigid, Dewalt, Laguna and other hi-priced makes were not in my price league, nor did I want a large size saw in my garage workshop. I finally settled for the Ryobi RTS20 model after seeing one on display at Home Depot. I bought one and assembled it yesterday and have already used it several times. My thoughts and comments on this saw are as follows:
1. First of all, I am not a big fan of Ryobi tools, but this table saw was quite impressive for its class. The ripping fence is solid and locks in place very, very securely. On the store display model, I yanked sideways on the fence and I could not budge it whatsoever.
2. The folding stand with its rubber feet are sturdy, and even when ripping plywood sheets, the stand does not move, walk, or wobble.
3. For anyone who might need to store or transport this saw frequently, the saw comes off the stand, and the stand folds, all in about 30 seconds.
4. This table saw has a right side table extension as well as an extendable outfeed support.
5. What I really like about this saw is the sawdust collector. Around the bottom of the blade attached to the underside of the table, is a plastic shroud which totally encases the bottom half of the blade. This shroud has its own dust port, to which is attached a large sawdust bag which goes right to floor level. The bag has a zipper along the bottom edge for emptying the sawdust. With the cuts I have made so far, all the sawdust has gone to the bag, with only a few miniscule grains of sawdust on the table after cutting.
For a light class table saw, I have nothing but praise for this table saw, and as I said, I am not a big Ryobi fan. If I find any faults with this saw after 6 or 12 months of use, I will certainly post them here, but as for now I am happy with my purchase.
-- LIVE, LAUGH, CUT WOOD.